going home

~Kings Cross Station, 10:47 am~

Euphemia, James and Isabel Potter arrived at Kings Cross station and stood in front of the red brick wall to Platform 9 & 3/4.

Euphemia went through the the barrier between platforms 9 and 10 first. Unfortunately, Fleamont was busy at work and unable to accompany his wife and bid farewell to his two children on the platform.

Isabel followed after her mother.

She ran through, squeezing her eyes shut and gripping her cart that held her trunk and her brown tawny owl, Stevie (named after Stevie Nicks, of course).

Once she made it through to Platform 9 & 3/4, the first thing she heard was the famous Hogwarts Express, then the train conductor's whistles and her owl shaking her wings, causing the cage to shake slightly.

Strangely, the platform had a distinct scent. Isabel was overwhelmed with the sweet smell of chocolates, oil and smoke. Not the type of smoke from cigarettes, no. The type that calms you, that feels comforting and feels like home.

Hogwarts is her home and she can't wait to return to have an amazing year once again with her friends.

Isabel didn't like thinking about what would happen when Hogwarts would no longer be there for her. It clouded her mind a few times, as if a dark storm would appear out of nowhere, but her friends swiftly assured her they'll always be together.

Hearing the train again, she opened her eyes.

She was surrounded by a hum of people: families saying their goodbyes to their children, who were ready to board the train, the excited first years hugging their teary eyed parents goodbye, older years knowing the classic routine by now, wishing their family goodbye until they'd next see them.

Smoke was slowly dissolving into the air, revealing the grand, scarlet train, sat on the train tracks waiting patiently to set off for Hogwarts.

Isabel spotted her mother talking to the Weasley family who must have been waving off Fabian and Gideon: it was their last year at Hogwarts.

Arthur Weasley had a loving arm wrapped around his wife, Molly Weasley, who was holding her newborn, red headed baby. One red headed toddler was clinging to her legs for dear life and the other red headed toddler running around his parents in circles, clutching a toy dragon.

Isabel remembers visiting their new home, which they called the Burrow, when Charlie was only a baby, helping the loving family to settle in. Euphemia gave the baby a toy dragon. Since then, visiting the Burrow the day after Christmas became their tradition for both families.

She remembers Charlie naming the red coloured dragon: Thor, after the God of Thunder from Marvel comics, Isabel and James had read to him whenever they would visit.