muggle studies

~Gryffindor common room~

The next morning, Isabel found herself on the couch, wrapped in a blanket in the common room. Lazily, she rubbed her eyes and got up.

She noticed her book sitting on the coffee table next to her and a note. She reached out her hands to pick it up slowly and then she read it:

Belle,

Thank you for last night, I felt like I really needed it. And thank you for understanding.

I'm sorry I had to leave you downstairs (those bloody annoying stairs!) but I had to leave early. Something about James, Remus and Pete needing me, I'm not quite sure to be honest.

See you at breakfast,
Sirius.

~~~

Isabel sat with Marlene, Mary and Lily, eating their breakfast.

She poured the milk over her cornflakes and splashed some into her tea, stirring it with a spoon.

"So," Marlene says, grabbing her drink, "where were you last night, Iz?" She sipped her morning black coffee.

"I was downstairs in the common room." Isabel replied, simply.

"Why?" Lily raises her eyebrows, interested.

"I was reading last night while talking to Sirius and we just fell asleep not realising how late it was." Isabel raised her cup to her lips and sipped her tea. 

Marlene and Mary exchanged knowing looks with each other while Lily raised an eyebrow. Isabel noticed this and asked, "What?" The three girls began to laugh, "What's so funny?" Isabel said, half annoyed, half amused.

"Was it just you two alone?" Mary questioned the brunette, controlling her laughter as Marlene kept giggling.

Isabel opened her mouth to reply; instead, she was interrupted by the Marauders, minus Remus, who all sat with the girls.

"Morning, ladies." James addressed all of the girls.

Isabel noticed how her brother was not just addressing Lily singularly like he usually did. Impressed, Isabel nodded at James as a well done, keep going. James smiled at her, thank you.

Sirius slid in the seat next to Isabel, "Morning, Belle." He yawned, grabbing a piece of toast off her plate.

Belle.