belle

~Gryffindor common room~

The first day seemed to fly by for Isabel.

She had potions first and was sat next to Remus towards the back of the classroom and in front of James and Sirius. Slughorn asked Isabel, Lily and Remus to join the Slugclub for another year again, to which Lily agreed for the three of them. Isabel didn't mind the Slugclub at first; but as the years went on, she realised just how much of a nosy git Slughorn was. Not that she'd ever dare to say that to his face, even if he was rather tipsy. Which is what would usually happen during his parties.

Isabel was invited because Slughorn was fairly friendly with her father, working with potions and experimenting and so on. She also had a talent for potions which she mostly seemed to enjoy. Slughorn saw the amount of potential Isabel had in potions: not so much the other Potter twin whom would be messing around at the back of the classroom with a certain Sirius Black during his lessons and earning them many detentions. In the end, Slughorn just ignored the pair and left them to whatever they were doing. 

Putting them in detention did absolutely nothing: Slughorn had to find that out the hard way.    

Lily was invited simply because Slughorn clearly favours her more than anyone else. She gets amazing grades in potions and Slughorn finds her muggle life extremely interesting. Especially about her parents occupation, their culture and Lily's neighbourhood.

Remus was invited because he was an exceptional student when it came to his classes. Although, he'd much prefer to be reading or pranking with the boys than attend the Slugclub dinner parties and dances. Remus would only go when Lily was attending with Snape, so he could accompany Isabel.

Due to Snape's pure hatred towards the Potter twins, Remus would always stay by Isabel's side, making sure she wouldn't be left alone (per James and Sirius' request, although Remus would've stayed without their say anyway). No one knew why Snape hated Isabel, Lily just assumed that Snape thought she was the same as her brother. Both twins, however, are completely opposite. Isabel always thought Snape was self involved and too obsessed with Lily to notice how different she was from her brother.

After dinner, and it being the first full day of lessons, most students went straight to bed, feeling exhausted.

Isabel, however, couldn't seem to fall asleep. She stayed in the common room, sat in front of the crackling fire, open book in hand and a soft, red blanket wrapped around her. 

Her ocean eyes carefully scanned each word, taking in all the information from the book.

Sirius knew Isabel would be downstairs. He wanted to apologise for the lack of letters during summer.