moony

~Gryffindor common room~

Tonight was the full moon.

The first full moon of sixth year.

The time a hideous creature comes to take over Remus Lupin's body that he has no control over.

Once again, Remus Lupin had spent all day in bed, feeling far too fatigued and sickly to attend lessons. He still tried his best, however, to teach himself by reading up on the books about his classes and writing as many notes as he could. The boys so kindly brought him the books from the library, earlier in the day. The boys also tried to keep up on lessons where Remus didn't join, taking notes and passing them on to him which he was very grateful for.

The sun was setting over the Scottish hills. The orange and pink sky was soon going to be taken over by the dismal darkness and a bright full moon in the sky. It was going to be a beautiful night; not for Remus though, as it was time for him to depart to Madam Pomfrey.

"Okay, so you have the cloak, right?" He began to worry.

"Yes, Moony, we do. Now stop worrying and go, we'll be with you soon." James calmed him down, putting a hand on his shoulder.

Remus nodded and left and the boys who were getting ready to join him in the Shrieking Shack. James threw the cloak over himself, Sirius and Peter and they began their journey.

Making their way down to the tree, they spotted Remus' lanky figure walking into it, ready to transform. Though, you can never really be ready when one turns into a monster of the night.

Peter took his form as a rat and scurried along the dirty ground to freeze the trees branches, allowing each boy to enter. Shifting into their forms, a magnificent stag and a black, shaggy dog, they ran into the tunnel.

Soon enough the three animgi were witnessing their best friend turning into something that wasn't him.

Firstly, you could see the pain in Remus' eyes as he was about to transform. The once hazel, almost green, turned a sour yellow colour as his pupils shrunk. Bones cracking into their new places and Remus' skin beginning to stretch whilst sprouting fur. The fur almost covered his back and has a scratchy texture. His body then began to grow; feet growing abnormally large; claws of a beast; a long snout forming.

The screams of pain once coming from Remus Lupin developed into howls and whimpers from the beast that had now taken his place. 

Taking a cautious step forward out of the shadows, Padfoot went to check on Moony who had lowered his head and whimpered. Floorboards creaking, Moony's head shot up, defensively.