finally home

~Potter mansion~~23th December, 8:54pm~

~Potter mansion~
~23th December, 8:54pm~

It's a rainy evening, two days before Christmas Day. Currently, Isabel and James were in their living room, watching 'Top of the Pops' latest songs, eating homemade chocolate cookies, listening to the rain pattering on their roof over and over again.

"Marlene and Dorcas are close." James smirked, suggesting he wanted to know what was going on between the two, bringing his bottle of Coca-cola to his lips.

Isabel groaned, "How many more people are going to ask me that?" He rolled his eyes, nudging her arm, "I'm not speaking on behalf of Marlene or Dorcas; do not ask me again."

"Okay, okay," he said, raising his hands in surrender, "I'll ask Marlene at some point. We'll be seeing her soon, right?"

"Yeah, she's coming over after Boxing Day with her brothers I think. Don't overwhelm her with questions though, even I don't know that much about her feelings towards Dorcas."

James and Isabel met Marlene when they were young children in the park that's located just outside of their neighbourhood. Later, the twins learned where she lived: just down the street from their house, only a couple minutes walk anyway from each other.

Swiftly, the trio became fast friends and discovered about their magic, later getting their invite letters to Hogwarts, ecstatic thats they could all go together.

"I still want to know what you have gotten me for Christmas." James whined.

"Christmas is the day after tomorrow. Are you really that impatient?"

"I just wanna know." He smiled.

"James Potter." She warned.

"Uh oh, you used my full name." James said as he got up to get himself another drink in the kitchen, "Want a drink?"

"Yes, please." She smiled, "Tea."

"Of course."

Isabel sunk into the couch once again after lowering the volume of the TV. As she became comfortable, there was a loud CRACK outside the door.

Isabel turned her head towards the door, worry replacing her joyful expression.

Isabel walked over to the door making sure to grab her wand on the way, just in case.

Slowly opening the door, she could hear muffled sobs and whines through the relentless pelting of the drops of rain.

Opening the door more revealed a dark figure about to collapse to the floor, shaking.