driving home for christmas

~Gryffindor common room~

"James!" Isabel shouted up to the boys dorm, "Hurry up!"

"What do you mean?!"

"I know how much you hate packing!"

Isabel could hear muffled swear words coming from her brothers mouth, making her laugh in return.

Sirius came down the stairs, jumping onto the couch, "Do not go up there." He huffed.

"What? Why?" Isabel turned to him, sitting down.

"James is packing and Remus and I are mad at him for making a huge mess of our dorm."

"So, you have come down here to ignore him?"

He nodded, smirking, "And to talk to the best Potter."

"Don't say that to James," she shook her head, suppressing a smile, "You all packed, then?"

He breathed in, holding his breath slightly before exhaling out, "Yes, I am. Not that there was much to pack in the first place. Where are the girls?"

"Lily and Mary are still packing and Marlene is with Dorcas... I think."

"Oh yeah, what's up with those two? Does Marlene like her?"

"Not saying." Isabel kept a straight face, not wanting to spill her best friends secret.

"So, she does." He smiled, resting his arm on top of the couch behind Isabel.

Isabel just put a finger to her lips, shushing him.

"Where is Moony?"

"He came down just before you, rushing off somewhere, mumbling a little excuse I didn't quite catch. He's probably with Callie though." She smirked.

"Those two have been getting on well." Sirius smiled, happy for his best mate.

"They have. I'm glad he has someone."

"Yeah." He whispered, staring at her features on her face, mainly her eyes, "Belle." He wanted her to look at him, and that's what she did.

"Hmm?" He just stared at her, "Sirius, what's up?"

"I-" he sighed, he couldn't say it. Not now, "I'm-"

"I'M DONE!" James shouted, dragging his trunk down the stairs, creating loud clunking noises.

Sirius stood up, "I'm going to go get my bags." He said quickly, walking off.