15. Stay

Read the description from Table of contents (chapter1)

==============================

Highly highly Recommended song- Stay Stay Stay by Taylor Swift because that is what this oneshot is based on!!

Before you, I'd only dated self indulgent takers
Who took all of their problem out on me
But you carry my groceries and now I'm always laughing
And I love you, because you have given me no choice but to

"God fucking dammit!! We deserved it more! This is not fucking fair, Namjoon!!"

Taehyung watched googly-eyed as Jungkook threw back his head with jaw tightly clenched. The phone grasped between his fingers could be choked to culmination if it were a human throat, given how tight it was held against the ear.

Chills ran woke in every part of his body, to the point that he felt the hand holding his laptop tremble. He gulped when his godforsaken mind titubates back to the memories he wished he could blur.

Being Jungkook's boyfriend was new.
Being in the same room as an angry and frustrated boyfriend wasn't.

His hands feel clammy when he surges to shove the laptop in his bag and shakily straps it on the shoulder.
"I-I..." he waits for Jungkook to look up from where he is still hunched and listening to Namjoon console him on the phone.

"I'll call you later man, I have somewhere to be." Jungkook hangs up and fleets towards Taehyung as if that's the only direction he has ever known to be.

Shoulders drooping, distraught looking in all sense of the way, Jungkook tenderly wraps his arms around a still Taehyung and rests his head on his shoulder like it's heavy to be held up. "I lost the project I was working on."

His voice comes out a little strangled and faint, the woe in it is so strong that it pains Taehyung too. His own heart drums erratically in his chest, partially waiting for receival of a yell or curse or maybe something worse... he doesn't even wish to vaguely think about it.

All he however gets is a gentle peck on his shoulder over his dress shirt and feels his heart dropping way down till the knees.
"Are we going already?" Jungkook eyes the bag across his shoulder and pulls away.

"Give me five minutes, I'll be ready!" He looks through his lashes with expression still heavy with melancholy and starts to track back into the bedroom.

"Wait!" Taehyung's calling out before he knows it, "We- I mean.. y-you don't h-have to come w-with me if y-you don't w-want." He blurts in lumbering hesitation.

"Didn't you come here to pick me up?" Jungkook questions dismissively "Why wouldn't I wanna come?"

He slides on his blazer and affixes the VIP Participant's family pass to his chest pocket. "Your career could shoot up after this presentation. The good luck charm has to be there!"

Taehyung searches for a hint of displeasure on his boyfriend's face. There's none. Only a faint paint of gloom, given naturally that he just lost something his team was toiling for, for months on end.

Taehyung, despite feeling tremendously humbled, is confused. "B-but you just l-lost the project..." he trails off.

"All the more reason for me to watch at least one of us reaching our dreams." He says while bending down to grab the dress shoes "Did I leave my blue socks at yours?"

He dares to say this so nonchalantly while struggling to knot his tie as if it didn't knock air out of Taehyung's lungs to an extent that the entire atmosphere couldn't replace it. Like he didn't ground Taehyung into thinking what he did to deserve this man.