8. Ello mate

Read description from Table of Contents (1)

Deflated ego and heart practically littered on the floor, Taehyung jabs his fork on the prosaic lunch on his plate while his hurt eyes watch his "friends" laugh ravingly at him; giving high fives at how stupid he is.

"But..." he softly let's out and catches their attention again, watches Jihio wipe the corner of her eye.
"... I'm not lying. Why.. why would I lie about finding a mate?"

"Come on Tae! Stop now." Wonho clutches his stomach resigning to shallow pants out of the heavy laughter. "You are such a convincing actor, I almost believed you."

"But I'm not lying! Jungkook is my mate."

"Jeon Jungkook...the idol? Tae are you sure?" Jimin politely places a hand over his in concern, always been the one to look into his eyes and tell whether it's a prank or a sincere anecdote. "You said it was really dark, maybe it's... you know, an honest mistake?"

The bell indicating termination of their lunch break decides to intrude right before he can debate. For the entirety of the day thereafter he drags around with a slump in his demeanour, a stinky gloom in his aura.

Now sat in his room, where by this time he is submerged into his gaming chair jabbing into the game console till his thumbs cut off the blood supply, today was different. Bad different.

He finds himself gawking at his cellphone yet not quite looking at it and it is here when his mind has deceives his will by slipping into the events of last night.

~~~
It was 8:00 in the evening last night when he, grumbling to himself, stood by the food aisle (thanks to his mother conveniently forgetting about the shortage of groceries at home).

He chucked in 10 unnecessary packs of snacks into his cart because what's the fun in grocery shopping if you don't pathetically take out stuff at the cash counter to fit your budget, right?

Whistling, he strolls the cart down towards the fruit aisle not expecting his footsteps come to an abrupt halt.

A timid whiff of something oh so appealing, flowery but musky, sweet but sturdy, something... pulling. And before he can grasp, cart forgotten stray, he finds himself moving towards the grooming section wondering if someone is overusing the perfume testers; and if that'd be the case, he's ready to buy this scent even if he has to chip his allowance for the entire year.

He's pretty sure now he looks like a starved stray dog sniffing with his nose up in air and eyes closed making his way through who-knows-what when he feels a tight grip on his wrist.

Now you see, Taehyung is a yeller, always has been. It's one of his drawbacks especially when his screams are annoyingly high pitched compared with the deep timbre of his non-screamy usual voice.

And if it were any other situation by now he would have yelled his vocal chords and other's ear drums off.. had it not been that sickeningly addicting scent now invading his barely used brain.

So he lets himself be pulled out of the store while all he can do is bend towards his wrist that is held by another hand and sniff the sleeve hem of the jacket of whoever this is.

His head only lifts in concerns when the overhaul lights of the store are replaced by glum darkness of the isolated alley beside it. Okay... guess it's time to get killed. Yay?

"Hello, mate." A smooth, soft-like-a-breeze voice speaks out and now is when the lost in scent boy finally catches on.

He looks up at the man in an exquisite black leather jacket, the kind that Taehyung has never had the balls to even look at while shopping, a black high rise on the slender neck, a black mask covering lower half of the face and black shiny hair tousled on the top half, finishing the ensemble with a black baseball cap on the head.