26. Dancey-Dance

Read the Table Of Contents (chapter 1) for description.

Another one of a twitter import.

=====================

Second-glancing at something peculiar is elemental. Humane.

Drawing a blank while you can't help but stare is.. explainable. A notch below the creepy, but still, explainable.

Now. Sitting on a bar stool with a glass between fingers that thrum to the autocratic volume of the music, eyes stationed permanently on the stairs for the past 20 minutes is outright concerning.

That itself marks a lot of firsts for Jungkook.

He's known himself stepping into this absolute pandemonium primarily for his need to blow off some steam— Y'know, slither his serpentine ways into some pants, or throats, or cleavages.. all depends on the mood.

His first first is not jumping straight to the enchantment of a hot to trot body with an equal of his own.

His second first is the dearth of liquor in his veins. By this time, when usually, he's already hazy in his eyesight and whirly in his ability to think; today he is far too sober, far too entranced.

His third first, perhaps the reason for all others, is the one that has him hurting in his cheek muscles.

"Hey, I see your glass empty. Would you like me to buy-"

"No, thank you." He is quick to shush the man who is way too close into his ear. Not like he minds, but this person needs to see how busy he is.

Seems like he does, when he follows what has the boy's relentless gaze towards the stairs. "Odd, isn't he?" The guy quirks, pathetically attempting a conversation.

Jungkook, however, thinks. Odd is definitely the word for this.

In a room filled with semi-naked bodies swaying obscenely, a better part of them in hunger to inveigle their libido or destress from life hubbub, or both; there was him.

On the middle of the staircase, dressed way too un-typic for the gaudy place is the boy that, oh so contrary to the erotically swaying bodies, jiggles his butt at every beat-drop of the sultry music. Odd, yes.

His little fists waggle beside his head at every shimmy of his bum, fluffy tufts of hair bouncing to the same rhythm (which by the way is consistent no matter what song they play) . He has his lips pursed in the gentlest of smiles and eyes closed shut, perhaps why he doesn't see how in this place with colossal amounts of highlighter on the peak of the cheekbones, his face is the only one that dazzles. Odd, definitely.

A club is the last place you expect to find a wiggling happy pill with a cross-body bag. So Jungkook wouldn't particularly blame himself for the subliminal smile ascending on his mouth.

"Oddly cute." He serves a deferred reply after his comprehensive analysis of the boy and his antics.

The stranger drags a stool of his and plops down beside him with an intrigued chuckle. "Y'know, I came here to hit on you.. but now I want you to go and talk to him. At least before your face splits open in glee."

"I should, right?" Jungkook himself has no recall of him being this jumpy to go talk to someone, his recent usually being served on a platter for him already. Normally he'd feel enfeebled at this. Today he's just too endeared to care.

"How do I look?" It's a caprice how fast he feels himself flip from the virile man he carries himself as to the eager neophyte of flirting. How even?

"Uh.. Fucking delicious?" the man replies. Good boost of selfdom is all he needed and he's already ambling his way to the staircase.

He hadn't envisaged the route to be this long, playing hooky from the keen hands that try to pull him into the abyss mire, uninvited rubs here and there. He cannot believe his intoxicated version seeks this madness, because the sober one sure isn't a fan of the 2am atrocity that is this place.

He stands on the second stair, over-amused by the unbothered boy who dances on the fourth. "Hey!" He tries to be loud enough to subdue the loud music, successfully does when the boy barely opens his eyes whilst still swinging left to right.

Then he suddenly smiles. Bright and wide and enchanting and bewitching — child-like but plump and Jungkook is already clutching his weeping heart with a grinning face.

"HI!!" the boy, with both hands straight above his head, gives a giant wave. "Oh my god! Are your legs OKAY?!" He exclaims out of nowhere.

Okay, one. Wow, was that deep voice v/s baby face a big fat chouse. Second, what the fuck is that smile and why are the lowlifes allowed to see it for free? Third, legs?

"My legs? Uh yeah they're fine." maybe he mistook him for someone else, although that would be a teensy blow to his ego and the 'you are one of a kind, Jeon' monologue he had into his mirror this morning.

"THEN WHY AREN'T YOU DANCING??!!" he takes both of Jungkook's hands in his and pulls him up a stair. "Are you shy? Do you want me to teach you some dance?"

That's Jungkook's pick-up line before he becomes the user-friendly guide book to inappropriate grind moves or some clothed humping if he's feeling himself too much some day.

Now the roles-reversed situation isn't too appealing when he practically feels his heart beat into his ears like snare drums. "Um.. sure?"

He knows what this usually leads to. A little bit touching, a little bit grinding, a little snogging then a lot bit of other things. /That/ however is not what happens.

The boy takes both his hands and starts twisting his body left to right in a messed up demonstration. With a glee unmatched, Jungkook is doing the same whilst making sure they don't slip off the step.

And he assumes he must be doing a good job when the other flashes him sparkle of a smile that makes him want to keep the boy jealously close to heart, away from the world.

"What's your name!?" He yells over the music and waits for an answer after the boy finishes vociferating the song he clearly does not know the lyrics of.

"TAEHYUNG. 21 PILOTS ROCK! Don't they!?"

"Sure Taehyung, but this isn't 21 pilots playing."

"Oh." He twists his lips. "Well I knew THAT. I WAS JUST STATING FACTS."

"How high are you!?" Endeared beyond he knew of his capability, he chuckles.

"Hi! I'm good. How are you?" His fourth first would be holding back a dire urge to kiss someone.

His fifth first was letting someone entwine their hands in the foyer of the club while foolishly describing an idea about seaweed pizza business. Taking someone home on his motorcycle with a real intention of actually just dropping them home, would count as sixth.

His seventh first was begging someone for a date. His eighth was ending it with nothing but a tiny eskimo kiss on the nose.

Taehyung indeed marked a lots of 'firsts' for Jungkook. Needless to say, he was also behind a couple of 'lasts'.

~~~~~~~

And that is all. Double attack. swipe next for the new oneshot :)