3. The Lucky Curse.

Read description from Table of Contents (1)

Disclaimer- this is the same one shot I gave for the book called Vkook Authors Unite. So some of you have probably already read it.

Throb. Throb. Throb.

It felt like that's all Taehyung knew lately. Waking up with a hammering on his skull from last night's crying to sleep. Routine.

Tuning out the hissing whispers of mind, he gulps down some water and trudges to grab his gûdí flute- to substantiate his luck again. Routine.

Failure. Routine.

No sound transpires the flute. Happened every day of week, but that doesn't mean it hurts any less. Doesn't mean the beaten path of tears on cheeks is less warm.

He's hunched over the counter sobbing, when thrashing at window startles him. Jimin climbs in. "You're crying?"

"What else do I have in fate? I c-can't do this anymore! Look!" He extended his once flawless hands; obsidian veins ran jutted like branches of dead tree. "I'm decaying!"

"Lord Jin must've planned something when he gave you the ring to lift the curse. Have faith."

"I-I'm trying but it's been days and my remedy hasn't arrived! N-not once has this ring shined!"

He pulls out the ring in sheer despair to hurl when a blinding bright light emanated out of it as if swallowed the Sun.

Once gone, all Jimin came to face was the insensate emerald ring, barren of it's possessor. "TAE! WHERE'D YOU GO?!"

*********

Pestle grinding on the herb, Jungkook dipped his finger into the blend, jabbed it into his mouth cringing. "Needs honey."

However before he could grab, his hand twists queerly when a weight out of nowhere propelled on him taking both to collapse with the ground quite painfully.

"Ah- ugh.. can't you knock?" His eyes shut in pain, he finds his hands gripping the slender middle of whoever decided to plunge on him. "I think I broke my hip!"

The other gets up hastily bowing "Forgive me! I just emerged here and-"

"Wait! Are you sent by lord Jin?"

"I am! Oh yes! It's you!!" Taehyung bounced on balls of his socked feet and jumped to the other's embrace who caught him with equal enthusiasm. "I'm Taehyung!"

While hugging, Jungkook's hands brush the elevations on his back. "You're a fairy!" He drew back. "Ah, a fairy of allure, right? I can tell."

Scarlet graced Taehyung's cheeks "N-no, but thanks. I'm a euphony fairy."

"Euph-" Jungkook took a betrayed step back. "How is music supposed to cure me?"

"Music can cure anyth- wait, what? CURE YOU? I'm here to be cured myself!"

It's back and forth like this for more than an hour, soft baffles turning to full blown confounds to timid arguments to a shouting brawl- up until it's Taehyung who breaks into sobs, yelling something incoherent.

"I-I-  don't care ! T-there m-must be a reason! C-cure me! L-lift my curse! Or else.." he looked around, frantically grabbed the first thing his hands reached "-or else I'll kill y-you with this! Yes!"

"Um.. a spoon?" Taehyung pauses; both stare awkwardly before Taehyung starts wailing again at a volume that Jungkook stuffs his ears with a leaf.

*****