Chapter 34

*second person p.o.v.*

You woke up the next morning and got dressed into nicer clothes. You washed your face and brushed your teeth, heading downstairs afterwards. You felt the smell of f/f (favourite food) waft past you. You slowly walked down the stairs and walked into what you assumed would be the dining room. You quietly sat down at the table and glanced at your grandpa. "Hmph. Interesting. Did you know Sasuke Uchiha from the leaf village became a rouge ninja?" Your grandpa said. You looked down sadly. "Yes, in fact, i was one of the first people to know." You said. Your grandma that was in the kitchen set down food in front of you. "What? You know him or something?" Your grandpa asked.

"Yes. I do. He was in team 7, the same team with me. We were pretty close friends." You said eating the food quietly. "I'm sorry. It must've been hard to let go of a close friend." Your grandma said. "Ah, no. It's fine. He decided to leave because of a curse mark Orochimaru gave him. He wanted more power so he could defeat his older brother, Itachi Uchiha for revenge." You explained. "All for revenge, hm?" Your grandpa mumbled. "Yeah, i guess..." You sighed. After you finished breakfast, you took the dishes and gave it to your grandma who was already washing them. "Thank you for the meal, it was delicious." You smiled. "No problem dear. You need the food so you have energy when fighting your grandpa." She said. "Ooohh right. I forgot about that." You said.

"You should go get ready because we're fighting in 20 minutes." Your grandpa said. "Alrighty then." You say running upstairs. You quickly got into your ninja attire and put on your katana onto your back. You put kunai and shuriken into your ninja pouch and went downstairs again. "Okay! I'm ready!" You announce. "Your grandpa is outside dear. Go meet him there." Your grandma said. You nod and head out to the backyard. You saw your grandpa there with his own katana and wearing his own ninja attire. You walked up to him and smiled. "So, how should we start-" you were cut of by him swinging his katana down at you. You dodged and flipped out of the way. "Nice reflexes." He complimented.

You took out your katana and got into stance. He ran at you again and swung his blade down. You blocked it with your katana. "You're swinging your katana sloppily. Swing it more elegantly." He said. After a long while of fighting him, you fell to the floor, panting. "I'm tired. How do you have that much energy left? And plus, you're older than me!" You said. "It's because i had proper training. That's what i am here to teach you." He said putting his katana back into his holder. "It's lunch, let's go inside. I'll tell you what you need to work on." He says walking inside. You stood too and followed him into the house. You both sat down and ate what was on the table prepared for you both.

"So, what do i need to work on for improvement?" You asked sitting back into your chair. "Many things. You need to swing your katana gracefully. You need to learn how to hold out your lightning armor for a longer period of time. You need to work on your taijutsu. Pretty much everything." He shrugged. You finished your food and stared at him. "Everything? I thought i was pretty good!" You exclaimed. "I wonder who lied to you." He mumbled. You stared at him offended. "If i'm that bad, you might as well teach me how you do things." You said. "Yep. So, let's go now." He said walking back out to the backyard. You stood up and also walked out. You both stood in the middle of the field. "Let's work on your katana holding skills..." He said.

*timeskip*

It was the next day and you were still sleeping. "Gp/n, i don't think you should do that." Your grandma said. "She needs to wake up. So i'm doing it." He said with a cold bucket of water. He dumped the ice cold water on you. You quickly sat up and looked around the room to see your grandparents laughing at you. You started shivering. "W-why would you d-do that?! It's s-so cold!" You said with your teeth clattering. Your grandparents laughed even harder. "Okay, let's go eat breakfast." Your grandma said wiping a tear. "No thanks. I don't eat breakfast much. Let me take a shower and we'll go train." You said heading to the bathroom. "Alright then. Be quick. We don't have all day." Your grandpa said walking out of the room. After you finished showering, you headed downstairs and out the backyard. "Today, we'll also be reviewing how you swing a katana." Your grandpa said.

*one week into training*

After that one chaotic week of training, you learned how to swing your katana more elegantly, but more powerful than it was when you first came. This week, you would be learning how to hold out your lightning armor longer. And it was really hard. "How long was it this time?" You asked panting. "22 minutes and 37 seconds." He said. You groaned out. "That was only 2 and a half minutes longer than what i usually do!" You said frustrated. "Then try harder." Your grandpa said. "Of course i will!" You said standing.

*one month into training*

After on month of training with your grandpa, you learned to hold out your lightning armor out for as long as you please, emmiting powerful lightning out of your armor, taijutsu and katana swinging. Today, your grandpa was busy, so your grandma would be there to teach you how to be lady like. "Sit with your back straight and shoulders up. No! Don't slump your back. Sit straight and eat slowly but eat elegantly." Your grandma said while helping you. After a whole week of that torture, you learned how to be more 'lady like'.

*3 months into training*

"Yes, just sign this contract." Your grandpa said. You shrugged and bit your finger, drawing blood. Your wrote your name on the contract. It poofed after you finished. "Now, bite your finger and do the hand signs i showed you. Slam your hand down and say 'summoning jutsu', you should summon a lion." Your grandpa explained. You did exactly what he said and yelled summoning jutsu. A giant cloud of smoke poofed before you. A giant black lion appeared and growled at you. "Who summoned me?" It's deep voice boomed. You stared up in awe. "He's so pretty! I never knew lions were so big and pretty! I didn't know black lions were even i thing! Amazing!" You exclaimed jumping. Your grandpa stared at you in shock. "How does a child have enough chakra to summon me?" The lion asked. "Y-Y/n this is Kuro, Kuro this is Y/n." Your grandpa stuttered. "Hello Kuro!" You waved. Kuro put his head down. "I like her. I'm actually quite happy to be her summoning." Kuro said.

*6 months into training*

In the middle of battle with your grandpa, a hawk landed on your arm. The battle ended and your grandpa said to take a break. "It looks like it's a letter from the leaf." You mumbled. You took the letter out of the protective case and opened the letter.

Y/n L/n,

I know you're in the training all the way out in
the land of lightning, but you need to come back
to the leaf village immediately. Something
terrible has happened.

-Lady Tsunade.

________________________________________________________

What do you think happened?

-Moonlxght

(1298 words)