Chapter 39

*second person p.o.v.*

You raised an eyebrow. "I said, who are you?!" He asked again. "My bestfriend doesn't remember me. That hurts." You say. "What do you mean, 'bestfriend'?" He asked confused. "You idiot! You attacked Y/n! You don't greet her like that!" Sakura said punching Naruto. Naruto rubbed his head and looked at you. "Y/n? Are you sure that's her?" Naruto asked. "Yes it is!" Sakura said. She recognized you by your long brown trench coat. Naruto slowly walked up to you and hugged you tightly. "Y/n! I missed you so much!" He said. You hugged him back gently. "You look different Y/n." Tenten says. "Yes, much more prettier." Neji compliments. "Thanks you guys." You say emotionlessly. You looked over at Kakashi who was limp. "You should quickly report to lady Tsunade then bring Kakashi to the hospital." You said. You put your hand to his head and did medical ninjutsu. "That should ease the dizziness. You know what, bring Kakashi to the hospital before reporting. He doesn't look so well." You say. 'Wow. Y/n sure has changed.' Naruto thought as he watched you.

*timeskip*

After bringing Kakashi to the hospital and lady Tsunade checking up on Kakashi, you and Naruto decided to catch up with each other after Naruto went to go do something. You and he walked to your house. "I can't wait to see your parents again! I haven't talked to them in a while!" Naruto exclaimed from beside you. Before you opened the door to your house you stopped. Naruto looked at you confused. "Naruto, i'm afraid talking with my parents is impossible." You say blankly. "What do you mean?" He asks. You opened the door to your house. "They're dead. They passed away over two years ago." You said walking in. Naruto's eyes widened.

"W-what? How?" He asked. "6 months into my training they got slaughtered by rogue ninja who infiltrated the leaf. They didn't know rogue ninja got in until my parents were slaughtered." You said mono tonelessly. "Naruto hugged you. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry that happened to you. I wasn't there to help you through that. It must've hurt you so much to hear the news." Naruto said crying. "It's fine Naruto. You were out training with master Jiraiya." You say hugging him back. After a few minutes of hugging, you pulled away. "Do you want anything? I can cook you something." You say walking to the kitchen. "Ramen, please." He says sniffing. "Alright. Coming right up." You said.

As you and Naruto ate, he was explaining to you what happened in the sand village. "Then lady Chiyo revived Gaara and saved him. Though, it costed her life. After reviving Gaara, we walked him back to the sand village and left soon after." He finished. "I'm glad that Gaara's fine, and lady Chiyo died for an honorable cause." You said while washing the dishes. "Yeah..." He said. You finished washing the dishes and sat down next to Naruto, staring blankly at the wall. "Oh, i wanted to mention something else. Since Kakashi is in the hospital, i heard we're having a new team leader and a new teammate to fill in the void for Sasuke. And since i told you about Sakura's fight with Sasori, he said there's a spy working for him spying on Orochimaru. He said he would be there on Tenchi bridge." Naruto explained. "Hm. Will i be part of this team?" You asked glancing at him.

"Yes, of course you would! Team Kakashi wouldn't be complete without you!" Naruto said. "I'm just joking, of course it wouldn't be complete without me." You said. Silence filled the air. "Hey, remember when you left to go training?" Naruto suddenly asked. "What about it?" You question. "You said we could battle to see who got atronger over the years! Let's go fight now!" Naruto exclaimed. "Now?" You ask. "Yep! Now!" Naruto said standing. "All right then. Just let me go get ready. You should prepare, too." You said. "Prepare? Why?" Naruto asked about to leave. "Be prepared to fight me. We don't need you getting hurt, now do we?" You walked into your room.

*timeskip*

You and Naruto stood in the field where team 7 first took the bell test. The wind was loud, blowing through your hair. "You ready?" You ask. "Yep!" He smiled, getting into stance. Kakashi, Sakura, Jiraiya, Tsunade and Shizune were also there in case something happened to either one of you. "Ready? Start!" Sakura shouted jumping back. You stood straight with your hand on your katana blade handle while Naruto made shadow clone jutsu. "I'm going to beat you, Y/n!" Naruto said determined. "We'll see about that. Don't get so cocky now." You said. Many shadow clones of Naruto surrounded you in a circle, about to go and attack you. "Well, what are you waiting for? Fight me." You said nonchalantly. Naruto smirked. All his shadow clones moved at once, running at you.