Chapter 63

*second person p.o.v.*

You stood on the roof beside the crouching Naruto who was lost in deep thought. "Naruto, Y/n, come inside soon." Yamato said. You looked back at him and nodded. You heard running footsteps to see Sakura, Sai, Rock lee, Kiba and Akamaru. "Finally found you two!" Kiba said. You walked and jumped down from the roof. "What brings you here?" You asked. "Naruto...i need to talk to you." Sakura said. You had a weird feeling about this.

After Sakura spoke about what was on her mind, you and Kakashi were left unphased. On the other hand, Naruto, Rock lee and Yamato were left shocked. "W-what did you just say, Sakura? I think i heard wrong. Could you say it again?" Naruto asked stuttering. "I said...i...love you, Naruto." Sakura blushed. You wanted to cringe and look away, but you didn't and kept your usual blank expression. "Y/n loves Sasuke, so he doesn't mean anything to me anymore. I've lost feelings for Sasuke a long while ago. So listen carefully when someone confesses her feelings to you!" Sakura said. Naruto's face morphed from shocked, into a serious look. "But why? What for?! This isn't the place to be joking around. It's not funny Sakura." Naruto replied. "What's going on?" Kakashi questioned out loud. "Sakura, why are you confessing to Naruto all of a sudden?" You asked. "It's because i love him, duh! You're so funny Y/n." Sakura suspiciously dismissed. "I just woke up. Like i said, Y/n and Sasuke love each other, so i don't have feelings for Sasuke anymore. I'm not a child anymore. I can face reality." Sakura smiled.

"So Naruto, you can forget about that promise you made me. You can stop chasing after Sasuke, all right?" Sakura said. Ah, everything pieced together. 'She wants Naruto to forget the promise so he can stop chasing after Sasuke because she knows he could get killed going after him. Smart choice, but did you really have to play with Naruto's feelings like that? You know, Sakura.... Hinata loves Naruto. If he suddenly forgets the promise, for some odd reason, you would be in a relationship with him. And i know you don't love him, Sakura. You only think of him as a friend. If you date him, Hinata would be heartbroken and Naruto would be foolishly in love with someone who only thinks of him as a friend.' You thought. "What's going on?" Yamato was about to walk foward but Kakashi stopped him.

"Sakura, did something happen? This is all so sudden." Naruto said. "Nothing happened! It's obvious why i fell in love with you." Sakura said. She looked down. Sakura walked up to Naruto and hugged him. "Sasuke has always gotten farther and farther away from me. But Naruto, you've always stuck by my side and cheered me up. Naruto, i finally realized...your true self. Even that time with pain...you returned when you were needed most. The hero who protected the village. Today, everyone in the village admires you. And i'm simply one of them now. You used to be a prank-loving loser. But now you've become a wonderful person. And i've witnessed it all, first hand. Meawhile, Sasuke keeps adding to his crimes, and hurting me. Always becoming more of a stranger. But you Naruto, i'm able to hold you close like this. You comfort me. I care about you from the bottom of my heart." Sakura said.

"Judging from what i heard, you loved Sasuke this whole time? And now you say you love Naruto? How come i was never told about this?" You asked sounding hurt. Naruto grabbed Sakura's shoulders. "Cut it out Sakura. This joke isn't funny at all! You're hurting Y/n!" Naruto shouted. "I didn't mean to hurt you Y/n, i'm sorry. But Naruto, why are you so upset? I'm just saying that i like you more than Sasuke." Sakura smiled. You tensed and Kakashi and Yamato noticed. 'Even if she is lying, it still hurts. Why didn't she tell me that she still loved Sasuke? She told me years ago that she didn't hold any special feelings for him anymore. Was it because she would've felt guilty? Is it because she knows how much i love Sasuke?' You thought. Kakashi put a reassuring hand on your shoulder and gave you a 'it's gonna be fine' look. You nodded and looked back at Naruto and Sakura. "You know the saying, 'women are as fickle as the autumn weather.'" Sakura said still smiling.

"I hate people who lie to themselves!" Naruto shouted. "You think i'm lying?" Sakura asked. Naruto nodded in answer. "I'm the one who decides how i feel! If you hate me, just come out and say so! Don't make up some excuse!" Sakura shrugged Naruto's hands off her shoulders. "But it doesn't make sense! You came all the way out here just to tell me that?" Naruto said confused. "Just to tell you? Just?! You don't think it's a big deal for a girl to profess her love?! I came all the way out here?! Of course, i'd come all the way out here! Sasuke, Sasuke, Sasuke! That's all you ever think about! You're the nine tail's jinchuriki and the Akatsuki are after you! Worry about yourself for a change. I'm saying that it's not necessary to endanger yourself anymore just to chase after Sasuke! I want you to come back to the village now, that's why i'm here. That's all!" Sakura explained. "I think it just sounds like a painful excuse. I know you pretty well, Sakura." Naruto replied.

"Then why don't you understand? I don't care about Sasuke now that he's a criminal. So the promise between us doesn't matter anymore." Sakura said. "It's not just about the promise. I kind of understand more now, about why Sasuke has become obsessed with revenge and is causing so much damage. Sasuke loved his family and his clan. Because his love was so deep, it's hard for him to forgive." Naruto said sadly. "If he were so devoted, why would he join the Akatsuki after defeating the unforgivable Itachi?" Kiba asked. "That's not how it went down. What really happened..." Naruto was about to tell the truth. "Naruto!" Kakashi interrupted. "Remember, it only stays between us four." You whispered. He nodded. There was a pause before Naruto looked back up at Sakura again. "It doesn't matter, even if there's no promise between us anymore. I personally want to save Sasuke." Naruto said seriously. Kiba whispered something in Sakura's ear but Sakura stomped on his foot harshly. "Forget it! I'm going back. Let's go, Kiba, lee, Sai!" Sakura said walking away. After they left, the four of you were about to head back into the inn, but Sai was there?

____________________________________________________________

Do you want to read something that will make your rage? I got the perfect choice for you! Try out, 'the remarried empress,' i guarantee it will make you mad!

-Moonlxght

(1176 words)