Chapter 75

*second person p.o.v.*

You stood over the quicklime trap the ten tails was stuck in. After Inoichi had explained the plan, you all jumped down into the quicklime pit. You made hand signs as you neared Madara and Obito. "Lightning style: lightning palm blast!" You said as lightning formed in your palm. You aimed it at Madara and Obito, but your jutsu immediately stopped as the ten tails arms reached out. You landed on your feet and regained yourself. The ten tails emerged from the quicklime pit in a different form than the last. The ten tails stood and made a beast bomb. Before it could blast it all at the allied shinobi force, an earth platform stopped it and made it release far from the battleground. "That far away?" You said in shock. "Y/n, are you okay?" Your grandma asked. "Grandma. I'm so glad you're okay. Where's grandpa?" You said.

"He should be fine. Worry about yourself for now. We have to stop the ten tails." She said. You nodded and directed your attention back to the ten tails. The ten tails made many more beast bombs aimed at random spots. You focused on one of the beast bombs and widened your eyes. "T-that's-!" You stuttered. "What is it dear?" Your grandma asked. "That's the direction of HQ." You whispered. You looked as the explosion landed. "Oh my..." You grandma said in shock with a hand to her mouth. You closed your eyes shut and opened them. "We'll have to manage without them. May they all rest in peace." You said. 'Shikaku, Inoichi, Ao and all those at HQ...rest in peace. We couldn't have made it here without your quick and smart thinking. I thank you all for your hardwork. We'll win this war for you all.' You thought. The ten tails raised its hands and formed wood out of it.

You and your grandma quickly did hand signs to your lightning armor before the splinters could pierce you both. The wood repelled off of your armor. The spinters stopped. You looked over at Naruto to see how he was doing to see Neji get stabbed with a splinter. Your breathing stopped and tears formed in your eyes. "Neji..." You whispered. "Y/n! Don't falter now! This is a war! You mustn't let a comrades death affect you!" Your grandma shouted. You blinked your tears away and sprinted to where Naruto was. You stumbled a bit before you got on your knees and immediately tried to heal Neji. "It's too late now..." Naruto whispered. "I'm sorry, Naruto, Hinata. If only i ran here faster." You said. "No, i don't think you could've saved him in time anyway." Naruto gave you a sad smile. "I-it's not y-your fault." Hinata pat your shoulder in comfort. "I'm sorry for your loss." You said to Hinata.

She smiled sadly. "Didn't you say you'd never let your friends die?!" You heard Obito shout. You stood up and looked up at Obito. "Those words...'i'll never let my comrades die.' Now look around you...and say it again! I told you to say it again!" Obito shouted. His voice echoed. You looked around to see most people dead. "As the bodies of your comrades grow cold in your arms...take in their dreaths! This will continue...and your flippant words and ideolody shall become lies. This is the end results of hope and ideals. This is reality! Naruto...what is there for you in this reality? Your mother and father are gone, as well as your master, Jiraiya. And if you keep standing against us, you'll continue to lose your friends one by one. This shall become a world where no one who acknowledges you exists. The only thing that awaits you...is your worst nightmare, which you know quite well! Solitude!" Obito shouted once more.

"Why must you cling to reality? Enough of this...now come join us, Naruto!" Obito said reaching his hand out. Hinata cupped Naruto's cheek. You raised a brow. "Brother Neji just said, that you hold more than one life in your hands. Do you know what he meant? 'I'll never let my comrades die.' Neither those words nor the conviction behind them are lies! Because he was able to successfully store them in his heart, and live them out until the end! Brother Neji did! It's not just you, Naruto....we all hold those words and feelings in our hearts. They're what bind our lives together....and make us comrades. If we give up and discard those words and feelings, Neji's final act will have been for nothing. And that is when...your comrades truly die! For you are then no longer comrades. That's....how i feel. So, stand with me, Naruto. Because never going back on one's word...is my ninja way too!" Hinata said.

"Enough!" Obito shouted. The ten tails wrapped its arms around itself and made a tailed beast bomb. Just before the tailed beast bomb could be released, Bee came down from an ink bird made by Sai and pushed the beast bomb into the ten tails mouth. Bee made another beast bomb and made the ten tails explode from the inside. The ten tails looked like it deflated as it fell. All of a sudden, Hinata had the nine tails cloak covering her. 'That's the nine tails chakra.' You thought. Naruto made a shadow clone who ran up to you. "Give me your hand." Naruto smiled. You gave him a confused look before you put your hand out. As soon as you made contact with his hand, the nine tails cloak covered your body and boosted your chakra. Naruto's shadow clone ran to others and did the same he did to you. Soon enough, almost everyone had the nine tails cloak. The ten tails arm reached out, but Hinata stopped it with an air palm. More hands reached out, but this time Shikamaru, Choji and Ino took charge.

"Neji!" You heard Rock lee cry. You turned to lee and gave him a sad look. "Let me share a little something with you. It's those connections that made me what i am today! You ought to know that bonds can be powerful curses too!" Obito shouted. "Y/n." Your grandpa said. You turned to him and sighed out in relief. "Grandpa, you're okay. That's a relief." You said. "I'm glad you're okay too. Now, let's focus on the ten tails, it's starting to get loose of the Nara's shadow possession jutsu." Your grandpa replied. You nodded.

__________________________________________________________

(1099 words)