Chapter 86

*second person p.o.v.*

(Edited multiple times bc i just wanted to 😗✌🏻)

Once Sasuke and Naruto left to go fight eachother, Sasuke put you under a genjutsu, so you wouldn't interfere with the fight, since he knew you would. As soon as the genjutu released, you, Sakura, and Kakashi had went after Naruto and Sasuke. Once you made it, you and Sakura jumped down to where Naruto and Sasuke layed, leaving Kakashi nearby since he was too weak.

When you landed, you looked at their arms to see that one of them was gone. You crouched down and healed Sasuke's arm while Sakura healed Naruto's. "Thanks." Naruto smiled. "Yeah..." Sasuke looked up at you. "Hush. Don't speak for now." You said softly. "Yeah, we need to concentrate." Sakura said. "Oh, and happy late birthday, Naruto." You looked over at Naruto. He gave you a close eyed smile. "Thanks! I can't believe i'm 17 now!" He exclaimed. "Mhm..." You looked back over at Sasuke and continued to heal him. "I also apologize...to each and every one of you." Sasuke said.

"You better be. Y/n here has still supported you even after you left the village." Naruto replies. "You're lucky she's still helping you. I thought she'd give up on you. But she hasn't." Sakura added. Sasuke looked back up at your concentrated face. "Is that so?" He questions, his gaze softening at the sight of you. You nodded and kept your attention fixated on his wound. Sasuke smiled up at you. "Thank you for not giving up on me. I'm lucky to have you." Sasuke whispered loud enough for only you to hear.

You flashed him a small smile and continued to heal his injury while conversing with your teammates. Sasuke noticed how relaxed you seemed as you spoke with Naruto and Sakura. You were tense the whole time during the war. You were on guard the whole time, but now he noticed that you seemed to trust your teammates. Even him.

As he stared at you, he realized all the mistakes he made. He felt immense guilt weigh down on him. The way he treated you made him feel remorse. 'I wonder...how much pain you had to go through while i left, how much pain you had to hide.' Sasuke thought. He sucked in a shaky breath and turned his head away from you as he hid the tears threatening to fall out of his onyx eyes. You noticed this.

As Naruto and Sakura were in midst coversation, you took this opportunity and cupped Sasuke cheek, facing him towards you. You read his expression, knowing he felt regret. Your finger tips gently wiped the tears away. "No need to cry. As long as you know your past actions, then it's fine. Of course it won't go unpunished, but it's not like you can change the past." You said quietly and softly. A warm smile spread across your lips as his eyes widened. You and Sakura helped Naruto and Sasuke sit up. Trying to find a way to cry while going un-noticed, Sasuke hugged you.

Naruto and Sakura brushed it off and continued their conversation. Sasuke let his chin rest on your shoulder whilst hot tears fell on your neck, but you didn't mind. You only rubbed his back while reminiscing with the blonde and pinkette. Sasuke was quiet almost the whole time, just letting tears fall. Sasuke hugged you tightly, almost as if you were going to fade away into nothingness. That's when Naruto and Sakura noticed. They both looked at you two with smirks. "Are you crying, Sasuke?" Naruto looked like he was about to burst out into laughter at any second. "No." Sasuke muttered, trying not to sound like he was crying.

"You were crying!" Sakura pointed. Naruto and Sakura burst out into laughter and you couldn't help but laugh along with them. Sasuke's cheeks painted pink with embarrassment. "Shut up." Sasuke muttered once more. He felt your chest shake with laughter. It felt nostalgic. Being back with his team brung back happy memories. Your laughter died down, ending it with a few giggles here and there.