Chapter 3: I Will Protect You

Hailey POV

As Jake was hugging me still, I was thinking about those words that Jake whispered in my ears. I never knew that he wants me safe, my heart beats fast and I feel like I wanted to kiss him but I can't.

"J-Jake" as I muttered.

"Yes Hailey" said Jake as he looked down at my face.

"What do you mean by you'll protect me" as I looked at his eyes.

"I wanted to protect you from my friends that bullied you, I can't stand them bullying you and you friends" said Jake as he hold my face.

"Your important to me" said Jake as he kissed my forehead and walked away.

Jake's POV

As I walked to my class I keep thinking to myself about why did I kissed her forehead or why I said she is important to me. I can feel my face turning red and my heart beating fast whenever I'm around her. I sat down at my chair as Class was about to start.

As I was taking a nap in class, I had a dream where I kissed Hailey at the Hallway of our school and I woke up and shakes my head. I can't get my mind of Hailey and I don't know what to do.

"Jake?" said Luke as he looked at me.

"Y-yea?" as I stuttered.

"You okay? You seems off" said Luke as he looked at me worried.

"Yep I'm fine" as I wiped my sweat away.

"Oh okay, but I want to ask" said Luke as he looked at me.

"Sure" as I smiled.

"Do you like Hailey?" said Luke as he looked at me and my face was red.