Chapter the Seventh: Halloween

A/N: ... things about to get juicy :D

Soon enough, it was Halloween. Y/n had finally let go of her anxiety about the last note. She'd decided not to hand it in to Professor McGonagall because she had a sneaking suspicion that telling McGonagall about the notes had been what the note was referring to.

However, the arrival of another note that morning brought back a fresh wave of fear and anxiety. What concerned her more was that the note was not just a simple, "Hi", "I stole your cat again", or even an "I'm still here" kind of note. They had written to her, demanding that she come to the Forbidden Forest at seven that night.

Hysterical, she'd shown it to Hermione, who freaked out. "No, of course, you mustn't go, Y/n!" she had shrieked. "It would be so easy for them to kidnap you out there, or kill you, or worse! And even if nothing serious happened, imagine how many school rules you'd be breaking!" She shook her head, bushy brown hair bouncing around violently with the movement. "Promise me you won't go, Y/n. Please. Promise you won't." Her eyes were wide and full of concern. Although Y/n's curiosity and fear of what would happen if she didn't meet there almost made her tell Hermione no, she squared her shoulders.

"Okay, okay, I won't, 'Mione. Don't worry. I promise. I won't go."

Hermione, assured, relaxed her shoulders. "Good," she replied. "We should head to class now."

So they walked to Charms, meeting with Harry and Ron on the way. In an attempt to start conversation with his sister, Ron asked, "How's Daniel?"

"I dunno," Y/n replied, shocking Ron. "I haven't seen him since Sunday. It's nice to see that you're getting over your aversion to him just because he's a Slytherin."

Ron's ears and cheeks flushed a deep red. "Just because you may have been right doesn't mean that you have to rub it in."

Y/n laughed. "You know, I think I'll rub it in all I want, Ronald." Harry snickered and Ron elbowed him.

"You're supposed to be on my side, Harry!" Ron protested with a betrayed look on his face.

"What are you talking about, Ron? Harry's always been on my side," Y/n teased. "I'm obviously his best friend."

"Who's Ron?" Harry joked. Y/n beamed at him and Ron looked even more betrayed. It was as if Harry had dumped him into a pit of spiders. "I can't believe you, Harry!"

"Sorry, Ron, I've got him wrapped around my finger," Y/n said, wiggling her index finger in front of Ron's face. She, Harry, and Hermione laughed and Ron rolled his eyes.

"Whatever," he scowled.

Finally, they reached the Charms classroom. Professor Flitwick paired them up for their lesson that day, which was the Levitating Charm. He put Y/n with Harry and Hermione with Ron, which didn't turn out to be such a great idea. By the end of it, Ron was red-faced and ready to explode.

"It's no wonder no one can stand her," Ron gossiped to Harry. "She's a nightmare, honestly."

Hermione, who was walking with Y/n just behind the boys, whimpered and shoved her way past Harry and Ron. "Hermione, wait!"

Ron sheepishly looked back at Y/n after Harry muttered something to him, then his expression turned to one of terror when he saw the look on Y/n's face. "Oh crap," he whispered to himself as Y/n stalked up to him.

But then she shoved past him as well, and without sparing him a glance, made her way in the direction Hermione went. She spotted her entering the girls' bathroom, so she followed her in.

"Hermione?" Y/n called, walking in.

"Go away!" Hermione sobbed from one of the wooden stalls.

"Hermione, I'm really, very sorry about Ron. Listen, I'll be back after classes are over, okay? I'll take some notes for you."