Chapter the Second: Slytherin

A/N: I apologize- it's not going to seem like much of a Draco x Reader in the beginning, but I promise you that it is. I'm just trying to build a bit more story than that here, too. We'll see how this goes. 

"Firs' years!" Y/n heard someone call. "Firs' years over here!"

She headed over in the area where she heard the shout. There she saw a big, hairy man with a large dog next to a small fleet of rowboats. "Blimey, he's huge," she whispered, staring in awe.

Someone came up behind her. "Yeah," replied Ron. She looked back at him and saw that his face was filled with awe as well.

"No more'n four ter a boat!" The big man shouted.

Y/n and Ron headed closer to the boats with Harry, Hermione, and Neville. Once they got close enough, she shoved Ron in one. Harry, Hermione, and Neville filed in after him.

"Looks like there's no more room," Y/n observed. "Guess I'd better go find another one."

"No!" Ron exclaimed, starting to get up. "You're not leaving me alone again!"

Y/n shoved him back in. "Quick, Harry, grab his arms! I'll make a run for it!" That earned a smile from Harry and Hermione and Neville laughed. Jokingly, Harry complied and lightly grabbed Ron's arms. Ron groaned as Y/n grinned and skipped away to find another boat.

She sat herself in an empty boat, and three other students followed her in. Two girls and one boy. The girls didn't look like they were ready to be separated, so the boy sat next to Y/n. It was the black-haired boy from the train. 

"Hello," he quietly greeted her after a moment's silence. "My name's Daniel. What... what's yours?"

She smiled. "Y/n Weasley," she replied. "It's a pleasure to meet you." 

"Another Weasley?" he asked. "My sister, Angelina, said that there were already five of you!"

Y/n giggled. "Yeah. Bill, Charlie, Percy, Fred, and George are the first five of us, but there's also Ron, Ginny, and me. Ron's my twin, he's coming this year, too."

Daniel's jaw dropped. "Your family is huge." 

Y/n nodded. "What about you? How big is your family?"

"Not very big. It's really just my sister and me." He thought for a moment. "We have a dog and a cat, though, if that counts."

"Ooh! I love cats; I have one too! Well, actually, we have two. Ginny has one, and I brought mine with me. He's black and white and his name is Socks, because his paws make him look like he's wearing socks. He's the most adorable cat to ever walk this earth."

"I find that hard to believe," Daniel replied. "I think that mine is."

Y/n was about to retort when she noticed that the chattering girls behind them had gone silent. She turned around to see what was going on, and she saw that they were looking at something up ahead of them with their mouths wide open. She turned in the direction that they were looking and was immediately awed by the majestic castle before them, whose windows shone brightly in the pitch-black night. Many of the other students noticed, too, and the air filled with a chorus of "oohs" and "aahs". 

Not too long after, they arrived at the glorious castle and entered. More people gasped as they entered, again awed by the sheer beauty of the castle inside. Y/n quickly found her way to Ron, Harry, Hermione, and Neville, who was happily holding his toad. 

"What took you so long, Y/n?" Ron complained. "You took ages!"

"We just got out of the boats!" Y/n snapped. "Don't be so impatient!"