Chapter the Third: Potions

A pair of hands clamped down hard onto Y/n's shoulders. She jumped. She looked to see who it was to find Fred and George standing behind her. Both had one hand on each of her shoulders. "GUYS!"  she shouted indignantly. They both chuckled. 

"Congrats on making it into Gryffindor, you little scaredy-cat," George said. "We just knew you had it in you."

"Yeah," Fred agreed. (Again, comment if you want her to be wrong about being the only one who can identify Fred and George correctly) "Unexpected turn of events with Angelina's brother, though, huh?"

"Yeah," George agreed. "He did seem a bit quiet, though."

"We were only with him for five minutes. Not much time to open up, is it?"

"S'pose."

Y/n looked down, feeling a bit sad. Percy, who was sitting in front of Y/n and conversing with Hermione, stopped and looked up at the twins. "Stop it, Fred, George. You're upsetting her."

"It's fine, Percy," Y/n spoke up. She looked up at the twins. "I don't care that he's a Slytherin. It doesn't mean that he'll go bad or anything. I'm still giving him a chance."

The twins smiled at the same time and placed their hands on their hearts. "Aww," they said together.

"That was so sweet," Fred gushed. 

"And inspiring," George added. 

"Makes me want to go hug one of the gits," Fred continued. 

"I'm going to absolutely melt into a puddle of goo," George said.

"All right, stop," Y/n said, giggling. "I get it. Go sit down." 

"Eat," Percy told Y/n. "Mum won't like it if you come back looking as scrawny as Potter over there."

"What?" Y/n questioned. "I hadn't noticed he was... scrawny..." She looked over at Harry. 

"Classic Y/n," Fred laughed. "Only sees the good side of everyone and everything." She looked back at Fred. 

"What's wrong with that?"

"Nothing really," he replied. "You just trust too easily, I guess." He shrugged and then left with George- but only after each gave Y/n a shoulder punch. 

After all the food and dessert had disappeared, Dumbledore got up and gave a final speech. Y/n didn't really listen, though. All she heard was, "Don't go into the Forbidden Forest," which was kind of obvious because, hello? Who would go into a forest that was literally named "The Forbidden Forest"?

When he finished, they all stood up and left the Great Hall. Percy was shouting for all of the first years to come to him and when Y/n came near him, he grabbed her by the shoulders and continued to shout. She shook herself out of his grip as they left for the common room and fell behind, looking around. Finally, she spotted Daniel and made her way toward him. He was looking around, his curly black hair bouncing with each movement. It looked like he was looking for someone, too. He caught sight of her and made his way toward her, as well. 

"Hey," he said when they reached each other. 

"Hi," she replied. She thought a bit. "We probably shouldn't have done this, we'll be shut out of our dorms."

"We'll catch up," he said dismissively. "Anyway, good job getting into Gryffindor." Y/n could tell he was having a hard time being happy for her.

"You don't need to pretend to be happy, Daniel," she said. "And you don't need to feel bad about being in Slytherin."

"Who... Who says I feel bad?" Daniel asked. His eyes betrayed him.

"You do," she replied. "The look that was on your face when you walked to the Slytherin table. The way you're talking. Your current posture."