Chapter the Fourth: Hello

A/N: Okay guys we may not get to Draco x Reader parts for a while cause I'm just having too much fun with plot and character development, so like, please don't kill me or anything and enjoy!!!

"Y/n!" Daniel called. "Y/n, wait!"

Y/n paused and looked back at him. He caught up to her, and then they continued to walk the corridors of the castle in silence. 

"I'm sorry about Draco," Daniel said. 

"Don't be," Y/n replied. "Not your fault."

There was another quick silence, and then Daniel asked, "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," she replied. "Just a bit frustrated, that's all."

"I think you mean outraged but okay." She didn't respond to this. 

They didn't really talk any more after that, but they headed outside to sit by the lake. They had the whole afternoon off, so they spent it all outside. Daniel laid in the grass while Y/n picked flowers and tore all of their petals off. 

Y/n heard soft snoring. She looked over at Daniel, who had fallen asleep in the soft green grass. She smiled. She couldn't blame him for falling asleep. The gentle breeze and the warm sunlight were very soothing, after all.

She picked a few more flowers and then began to weave them into an intricate flower crown, something she'd sat and done for hours with the little Muggle girls she babysat. When she finished, she collected all of the flower petals that she'd pulled off earlier. She giggled at how simply unaware Daniel was as she held her hands over Daniel's face and dropped the petals. 

He stirred awake and looked confused for a second. He then sat up and shook his head, scattering the petals everywhere. "Why'd you do that?!" She burst into laughter, and, after a second, so did he.

"Here, I made you this," Y/n said, placing the pretty flower crown atop his head. The white daisies contrasted beautifully with his curly black hair and bluish-gray eyes. He smiled. "There. Wonderful."

"How fabulous do I look?" Daniel asked, striking a pose. They both laughed again. 

"Eleven out of ten," Y/n responded. 

When the sun began to set and it was almost time for dinner, they headed back up to the castle. On the way up, they ran into Ron and Harry. Daniel began to talk with Harry about who knows what, and Ron and Y/n walked side by side silently. 

After a minute or two, Ron muttered something that Y/n couldn't quite hear. 

"I'm sorry," she said. "Could you repeat that? I didn't catch what you said."

Ron looked from his feet up to Y/n. "I'm sorry. About, er, about calling you mental earlier. I didn't really mean it. Sorry."

Y/n glanced at him and then back ahead. "It's fine," she replied. "It hurt a bit, but it doesn't matter. I was kind of wrong, too. Well, at least about one of them."

"One of them? What do you mean? Who are you talking about?"

"I... Daniel and Draco."

"Draco?"

"Malfoy."

"Oh."

"Anyway, I thought that maybe Draco wasn't so bad, you know, like a lot of other Slytherins. But he's kind of... the worst of them, I suppose."

"What happened?"

"Well, when we were leaving Potions today, I heard him talking about Harry. Said that Harry deserved to be treated the way Snape treated him if he's going to make friends with people like you. Well, his exact words were "like Weasley", and I'm included in that, too, so I was a little more offended about that part."