chapter 6:

(buckys pov)

it's been two days since our kiss, that's all i can think about. i crave it now. i've tried to avoid her because i don't want her to know that given the opportunity i'd gladly do it again. i told steve and sam about my situation and they both said i should just ask her to lunch. what if she says no?

brielle's pov

ever since that kiss, my lips have felt empty. he's avoiding me, did i do something wrong? am i a bad kisser? no he said he wasn't sorry. but what if now that the liquid courage is gone does he regret it?
i shake the thought out of my head and go to open my door. as i open it there is bucky, hand up like he was ready to knock.
"hey" i look down shyly. he has a weird effect on me.
"hey" he chuckles at my shyness.
"what can i do for ya?" i change my stance and fiddle with my rings.
"i was wondering.... if you'd like to get lunch with me sometime? maybe this afternoon if you're free?" he looks nervous.
"i'd love to. as long as it's pizza" i wink and he grins. he leans in a little closer and hovers for a moment. i want to kiss him and so does he. i tilt my head slightly and he takes that as an invite. the kiss is short but fulfilling. his hand lingers on my waist for a minute or so after the kiss.
"meet me in the kitchen at 1 for pizza" he says and removes his hand, walking away.
i didn't even get a chance to say ok before he was gone. i run my fingers over my lips and sigh. why does he have this effect on me?

1 o'clock

i change at least 5 times, trying to find the best pizza appropriate outfit. i settle and head down the stairs. finding him in the kitchen, his back is turned to me and his tee shirt reveals his muscles.
"are you ready?" i ask and he jumps.
"you scared me, doll, but yes i'm ready." he grabs his jacket and we head outside. opening the door for me when we leave and when we arrive.
once we are settled in our booth, facing each other, we start a simple conversation. talking about the weather and how tony has been a little insufferable lately.
"brielle, can i ask you something?" he stops eating completely and stares at me.
"yes of course"
"do you- " he stops, trying to compose his sentence. "do you want to help me forgive myself? so maybe we can be more than just drunken kissing partners?" he smirks at the end of that.
"i'd love to james, and i'd love to be more than that when the right time comes" i have an entire flock of butterflies in my stomach. he grabs my hand from across the table and the nerves ease. his thoughts tell me that he likes holding my hand. once we're done we bicker about whose gonna pay and he wins, damn him for being old fashioned. we start walking around the marketplace and i debate on grabbing his hand. as if to answer my doubts he intertwined his fingers with mine, even though it was his metal hand through a glove, i still felt safe.

we stayed out till 8 o'clock that evening, we got a milkshake with two straws and we sat around a pond. it was silent, i didn't feel like i had to keep up a conversation with him. i was comfortable in the presence of him. something i never thought would happen given our past.
upon arriving back at the compound he opens the car door for me again and grabs my hand as we walk in the double doors. everyone is huddled up in the living room. what'd we miss?
"bri, they're back..." thor sounds sorry.
"whose back?" after the amazing day i just had it better not be bad.
"hydra, they released a wanted poster for you.... and bucky." tony probably had jarvis find it.
"so we fight" i grab bucky's hand "i'm not going back and i'm not letting bucky go back either."
we go back to our own rooms but bucky follows me to mine. he's checking up on me.
"i'm okay bucky. you don't have to be here." i hate being weak in front of people.
"i want to be here, i'm not okay. i'm scared they're gonna change me again and i'm gonna hurt you." his voice breaks.
i don't say anything, i pull him onto my bed and hug him. he sighs into the hug and we stay like that for a while.

buckys pov

"shit" i mutter under my breath. i'm not in my room and there is only one other place i could be, brielle's room. more importantly, brielle's bed. i slowly break away from her arms and look at her for a moment, my heart aches. i don't want to hurt her. i kiss her forehead and leave, finding my way back to my room.
the comfort doesn't last long so i get up and decide to go for a run. it's in the early morning hours, it's cold and i'm alone. alone with my thoughts, she's in my thoughts.
suddenly the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and i stop, taking in all of my surroundings. it goes dark, there is a bag over my head. i get thrown into a car and that's the last time i was conscious.

authors note: who took him? do we like where their relationship is going?
comment and vote
xoxo