chapter 7:

(brielle pov)

i wake up and my bed is empty, he left. he doesn't strike me as the kind of person to sleep in but still, i'm sad. i enjoyed his company. i get up and head down the stairs, everyone is in the kitchen. there is a sad mood.
"damn it." steve muttered.
"is bucky in your room?" tony asks.
"no, he left sometime in the middle of the night. why?" my heart skips a beat.
"we can't find him, he's not in the gym, he's not in his room. he's nowhere to be found." nat looks at me, her eyes puffy.
bruce speaks up, "when i healed him, i placed a tracker in his arm. for safety from hydra. you have one too bri."
not gonna lie, i kinda feel like a pet now that i know that.
"so track him." i huff, why is this always happening once i get a taste of happiness.
"i'm trying, the connection is weak." bruce is frustrated.
after a few quiet minutes he speaks up, "he is a hydra bunker."
"son of a-" thor grabs his hammer and heads toward the door.
"hey god of thunder, you don't even know what bunker he's in. what do you plan to do?" tony is right. we have to be smart. the guys start to bicker about a plan but i slink down to the floor. i have a pain in my chest. i can't protect him if he isn't here. i can't help him forgive himself if he isn't here. we don't get to grow our relationship if he isn't here. he isn't here, hydra is gonna wipe him.

at the hydra bunker
(buckys pov)

i'm in chains, strapped to a chair. i know what this means. they're gonna wipe me. i'm gonna lose any and all memory of brielle. our kiss, our date, our promises. they're all gonna be gone. they shove a mouth guard in my mouth and i think of her one last time. her green eyes are the last thing i see before i black out.

back at the compound
(brielle pov)

we have a plan, we're gonna use me as bait and go to the bunker. we're gonna fight and we're gonna save him. i head to my room to change and the second my door closes i fall to my knees, sobbing uncontrollably. hydra works fast but i hope we're faster.
it's takes me about 10 minutes to regain my composure. after i'm changed i grab my phone and get hit with the memory of him taking it during our date the other day and taking a photo. he set it as my lock screen. i really hope we get there in time.
we all get into a plan and fly like hell to go save him. once we've arrived nat and i head out first, i'm the bait. natasha acts like she is here to turn me in. the second they open the doors to take me the rest of the team ambushes everyone and the fight has began. steve and i go and find bucky. we find him strapped to a table, unconscious. steve rips open the cuffs and i grab his hand. he wakes up and i can tell by his eyes he isn't the bucky that i knew yesterday. we weren't quick enough.

fighting our way out we all end up back on the plane and i sit near tony while he drives us home. my heart is in pieces, he's not going to know me. all those memories we just began to collect together are gone. what am i gonna do? is it worth trying to remind him? should i save myself from the possibility of him not feeling the same way again?

i must have fallen asleep on the plane because i woke up on my bed. the sounds of bucky screaming woke me up. i bolt down the stairs and into the care room. bruce is using some of tony's new medical technology to rewire buckys brain, again. without asking i go up to bucky and hold his hand. "please remember me" i mumble and he looks at me. he looks like he's never seen me in his entire life. he shakes my hand away from him and goes back to staring at the wall. i can feel my heart shattering.
i stand up, readjust myself, and leave the room. not without giving him once last glance. i go to my room and curl up in a ball, my chest is tight with tears and i finally let them go. i eventually fall asleep, my phone pressed to my chest, his photo open on the screen.

i wake with a headache and puffy eyes. i decide i'm not gonna sulk over a guy that doesn't remember me. i'm gonna go to the bar tonight and get my mind off of things. i spend most of the day in my room, catching up on some reading. around 9:30 at night i decide to get in the shower and get ready to go out, natasha is coming too. i meet nat down stairs and we take an uber to a club.

nat and i dance and drink the night away. there is hot blonde at the end of the bar that i've shared a few glances with. nat has left and i'm making company with this blonde, dallas. the liquid courage is building.

dallas comes back to the compound with me and as we open the door we are met by bucky. his metal finds its arm around dallas's neck.

"what do you think you're doing with her" he shouts.
"bucky stop" we make eye contact and his eyes soften and he lets dallas go.
"you guys are psycho" dallas runs out the door.
"i remember" he says and kisses me. he carries me up the stairs and into his room. it's dark and simple with a large four post bed right in the center. he sets me onto the edge of the bed and stares into my eyes. they're dark with desire. he huffs and stands up.
"the things i want to do to you right now" he crosses his arms and sits in a chair.
"trust me i know" he has an interesting imagination. i stand up and straddle him on the chair. "yes" i whisper. he kisses me and grins in the kiss. he lays me down on the bed and anyone sharing a wall with room won't be sleeping much longer.

authors note: so much just happened.
comment and vote
xoxo