chapter 10:

brielle's pov

bucky and i have been officially together for three weeks. we are both permanently in my room now.
my thoughts get broken up by an angry shout.
"what the hell is this brielle?" he used my full name. i look up and see him holding my pregnancy test. my eyes fall and he sits next to me on the bed.
"when were you gonna tell me? huh? i know it's mine, don't you think i deserve to know?" he gets closer with each question.
"i was gonna tell you. i was just trying to find the right time. please keep it down, i don't want people to hear." my eyes sting with tears.
"there is never a right time. you should've told me before i made a fool out of myself and asked you to be my girlfriend!" he shouts.
"i-." he regrets asking me to be his girlfriend.
he throws the test against the wall and leaves, slamming my door in the process. a painting falls and as it hits the floor i feel my heart shatter into a million pieces.
i'm not gonna let this change us. i stand up and chase after him.
"damn it james, you don't just get to leave when we're talking!" i yell and walk down the halls. so much for no one knowing. he walks out of his room, his eyes are full of rage and hurt.
"i don't get to walk out but you get to keep your pregnancy a secret from me. that seems fair brielle!" steve and nat poke their heads out of their room.
"put yourself in my shoes james! i had just found out and then you asked me to be your girlfriend! i didnt want to ruin the moment!"
"you should've told me! you know how i feel about secrets!" he's getting closer.
"we can't let this change us." i get quieter, i'm done yelling.
"it's too late, the second you lied is the second our relationship ended."
tony comes up stairs, "all right that's it. thats enough. if your gonna fight do it in your rooms. go back to them!" he pushes james towards his room and i turn into a hug from natasha.

i spend the next couple of days in my room, nat brings me food and checks up on me. clint went back to his wife before the fight happened so he doesn't know. anytime i've been forced to leave my room, james has avoided me completely, the only attention he'll give me is angry stares. the intercoms go off and tony announces a mission. i suit up and head downstairs in a matter of minutes.
"bri i didn't mean for it to go off in your room, i'm not letting you go." tony crosses his arms.
"i don't care what you have to say. i'm a grown women i know what i can and can't do. let's go." i'm in no mood to have people tell me what to do.

the mission is saving/capturing loki. he's tried to take the tesseract, again. bucky, thor, and i find him. as thor and bucky go to grab him and the tesseract loki grabs me and puts the thing up against my throat. bucky's eyes flash with fear and anger. as much as he hates me i still am having his child.
"look, brother. you can't hurt her." thor is trying to reason.
"ha, brother? why not? is she your new piece of the month?" his grip tightens.
"no, she's the mother of my child you inconsiderate alien." bucky is mad.

loki throws me to the ground and starts fighting thor and bucky.

bucky's pov

i watch him throw her body and she turns limp. i'm gonna kill him. thor and i charge at him and the fight begins. everyone joins us, bruce is mad and green. natasha grabs bri and runs for the ship, tony right behind them.

we finally get him into cuffs and into the jail cell on the ship. away we go.

back at the compound

i find myself in the care room she's in, she's asleep. as much as i want to be mad at her my heart aches. we're gonna be parents. bruce walks in and sighs as he opens her medical form.

"has she shown any sign of waking up?" he doesn't look up.
"no. is that a bad thing?" i grab her hand.
"depends." we get interrupted by her moving. please wake up. her vitals start going haywire and i get kicked out of the room.

hours go by. i find myself checking on the progress. no one is telling me anything. i deserve to know if she and my child are ok. steve tries to occupy me with video games but i end up crushing the controller with my hands.

bruce and tony walk out with low eyes.

"bucky, she's awake." i don't listen any further. i try to break between them.
"she doesn't want to be bothered, we just had to break the news to her." tony speaks up, his hand on my shoulder.
"what are you talking about?"

authors note: comment and vote
xoxo