chapter 14: all good things come to an end

3rd person pov

bucky and brielle were rudely woken up by Tony running in and making a big fuss about throwing a big birthday bash.
"be ready by 7, people will start showing up at 8." he leaves the room and the door open. rolling her eyes brielle gets up and investigates the closet.
"bucky! i don't have anything to wear!" she yells.
"doll, you have two closets. go look in the other one, i'm sure you'll find something." he laughs at her panic. she doesn't like parties but she also doesn't want to be the worst dressed. sighing with a lack of sleep bucky decides to go workout. joining steve and thor in the weight room they begin a weightlifting challenge.

back in the room nat and bri are trying on dresses and making eachother laugh.
"do you love him?" nat walks out and asks seriously.
"yeah, why?" why did nat have the sudden worry.
"steve is worried about bucky, he doesn't want him to get hurt. he wants to know if your genuinely in love with him or if it's just good sex."

"well it is good sex but no, i can actually see a future with him. i love him more than anything." brielle wraps her hands around her necklace, buckys dog tags, and feels her heart tighten with admiration. she loves him.

little did the two of them know, steve and bucky heard that whole bit of their conversation.
"you really thought i'd give a girl my dog tags if i was just messing around with her? steve i thought you were supposed to be the smart one." bucky slaps his arm.
"i was just looking out for you. i'd hate to see her messed up over a girl... again." ouch steve. no need to bring up the past relationship failures. they finish up making lunch in the kitchen and head back to their rooms.
"hey doll, care to join me for a shower?" he had other intentions than just getting clean but she knew that.
"we better actually shower this time barnes." she crossed her arms and he chuckled.
"we'll see where the shower takes us." he throws her over his shoulder and heads into the bathroom. she got her way and he was left frustrated in a hot shower.

at 7

everyone was downstairs, dressed up in cocktail dresses or nice button up shirts. drinks have already started making rounds and brielle was mingling with the early arrivals. bucky and the other guys were sitting at the bar people watching and occasionally snickering at the outrageous people that were here. bri and bucky would occasionally share glances and he'd wink at her, causing her to blush and him to chuckle at her shyness.

brielle wasn't one for big parties, especially when they were for her. she hated the attention. all she wanted to do was lay in bed and watch movies. bucky however enjoyed the night so far, dreading the days ahead. bri and bucky had a late flight tomorrow to go to atlanta for the funeral of his war buddy. he didn't want to go but he knew the guilt would eat him if he didn't. 

a few hours have passed and the party was in full swing, laughter filling the room. still stealing glances from each other bri and bucky signal to meet in their room. sitting in silence, enjoying the break from the chaos downstairs bucky runs his hand down her spine. chills fill her body and she sighs.
"let's not go back down."
"bri, it's your party. they'd notice if you weren't there."
"but i like it better up here." she straddles his lap, causing her dress to bunch at her waist.
"trust me i do too but tony would be suspicious if we both weren't down there." he places his hands on her hips, drawing shapes with his pointer finger.
"if you want to go back downstairs don't touch me like that."
"we could stay up here a little longer." he winked at her.
"james, nothing you do is quick."
"is that a challenge?" he begins to kiss up her exposed collar bone.
"if you can fulfill my needs in ten minutes, i'll go back downstairs and play nice." her breath hitches at the end of her sentence.
"i can do that in five." he says against her lips.
her lays her down on the bed and his hand disappears in between her legs. a small moan escapes her lips and he quickly covers her mouth.
"shhh, you need to be quiet." even though downstairs was loud he knew she could be louder.
she mumbles against his hand but he keeps it there. not even five minutes had passed and she was done. proud of himself, bucky fixes his tie and leans up against the bathroom door frame.
"i win, now you have to play nice doll."
"shut up." she stands up and readjusts her dress.
he walks up behind her and slinks his arms around her waist, placing his head on her shoulder.
"that's not a very nice thing to say to someone that just made you cum."
"james!" she turn in his arms and faces him.
"what? are you gonna tell me you didn't enjoy it?"
"no- i just." he cuts her off by kissing her.
"that's what i thought."
opening the door they are met by sam, he looks panicked.
"bri, some lady is here for you."
"what the hell? who?" she thought everyone had arrived. brielle turns the corner and is met by her mother.
"happy birthday dear!"
"what are you doing here?"
"came to celebrate my daughter, why else?"
"i don't know, it's not like you've tried to reach out to me since i was rescued four years ago."
"well i didn't know if you were stable."
"what makes you think i'll ever be stable after being tortured for years? what makes you think i'm any better now than i was months ago? what makes you think i want to see you? you've never cared for my well-being until now. i had finally excepted that i'd never be the daughter you wanted and now you show up?"
"i- well i had been on the phone with clint and he mentioned you and how happy you were so i thought i'd ought to see this for myself."
"yes mom i'm happy, you've seen it. now you can leave and i exempt you from any further visits."
bri was shaking, her mom had never been a good mother. she always picked clint over bri in any circumstance. if she wasn't praising clint she was yelling at bri for not being a good enough daughter or not being ladylike enough. bucky could sense the stress, he walked up and pulled brielle into his chest.
"look i hate that this is how we first meet but i think it's best you leave." brielle was still shaking in his arms.
"aww the boyfriend. you won't last."
"with all do respect, i have no plans on leaving or letting her leave me so i think you should shut your mouth when you don't know what you're talking about." people began to huddle around them, wondering what was happening.
"damn it mom just leave! i was fine before you showed up. i'm fine without you, i'm happy here. i'm happy with james. so please just fuck off and leave me alone!"
"that's no way to talk to your mother!"
"you aren't my mom! you've never been a mom to me. go back to babying clint and leave me alone. i don't need you."
security had finally shown up and they escorted brielle's mom out.
"all right folks, that's it for the night. please take a bottle of champagne and see yourself out." tony announced and the room cleared out in minutes.
still in bucky's arms, brielle was shaking mad. she wasn't even crying, she was numb to all emotion but anger when it came to her mom.

authors note: it's been awhile, sorry guys. wow this was a big chapter. i'm going to try and update faster but honestly i don't know if i can keep up on that promise.
comment and vote
xoxo