chapter 15: atlanta

3rd person

at the airport

wrapped up in bucky's hoodie and a pair of leggings, brielle is sleep deprived. her head perched on bucky's shoulder, hands intertwined with one another. waiting for their number to called. it seems like in airports time is slower and the temperature is nearly arctic. bucky felt like he could hear the time ticking by from his watch, dread consumed him. the small movement of brielle fixing her position brought him out of his thoughts, a scary place to be really.

"FLIGHT 163 NEW YORK TO ATLANTA"

grabbing their backpacks and throwing away snack wrappers, they board the plane and are off to atlanta. they both slept through it, bri's head on bucky's shoulder, his head propped up on hers, finally getting the sleep they both lacked. 
the drop of the plane wheels jerking them awake hours later. sighing with dread, they both waited till the plane had stopped and they had been given the right away to get off. hiking up their backpacks, trying to stand still, they grabbed their luggage and caught a cab. short moments later they had arrived to the hotel, tony reserving them the best room in the best hotel. the building towered over them. brielle finally breaking the silence since the plane had landed in the elevator.
"do you want to shower with me?"
"i'd love to"
"i love you."
"not as much as i love you, thank you for being by my side."
"i'd never want to be anywhere else."

elevator doors opening, revealing another hallway. finding their room number at the end, bucky opened the doors. a huge king bed sat right in the middle, a wall of windows and a balcony across from the end of the bed. the room was so clean but dark in aesthetic. dropping their suitcases and grabbing their toiletries, the both stripped away out of their airport filthed clothing. turning the shower on hot, brielle and bucky entered and let out a breath. bucky had an evil grin on his face, slowly backing brielle up against the cold wall of the shower. she hissed at the contact, missing the warmth of the water.
"you know what we didn't do?" he runs his hands up her arms.
"what didn't we do?"
"join the mile high club." his lips latched on to her neck.
"well good thing we have the flight home for that... james what are you doing?"
he doesn't respond, he simply just picks her up and pushes her more up against the wall.
"so much for getting clean." she laughs at his sudden horniness.
"bucky, don't stop."
the bathroom was foggy and their breathing was heavy. there was something about shower sex.

it was evening time, they had eventually pulled themselves out of the shower due to cold water and pruny fingers.
"what should we do for dinner? i've built up quite the appetite doll." bucky belly flopped onto the bed, next to brielle.
"we could get room service? we wouldn't have to leave or get dressed."
"mhmm as much as i'd love to not get dressed i want to explore the city. we're here for three days and i can't promise i'm going to be much fun after tomorrow afternoon. let's go find a restaurant and enjoy ourselves."
bucky was right, tomorrow was the funeral and brielle knew that whatever happened after was in bucky's hands. she didnt want to rush him.
"ok, if that's your way of asking me on a date though you need to work on your game." laughing at him, bri stood up and went to find something to wear.
"doll i don't need game anymore, i no longer play." he walks up behind her, somehow already dressed in a long sleeve and jeans.
"whatever mr. smooth." she rolled her eyes.

walking hand in hand, well hand in glove, they finally agree on a small sandwich shop about a block away from the hotel. talking about nothing, brielle realized how much she'd loved to be in his presence. little did she know bucky was thinking the same thing, she made him feel human.

"excuse me, we're closing soon and i need to clean up." a small women broke their conversation.
"oh i'm so sorry, please forgive us." brielle was embarrassed.
"oh don't be sorry." the little lady chucked and walked them to the door.

arriving to back to the hotel, both brielle and bucky changed into pajamas and collapsed into bed. the toll of the day finally hitting them. intertwining themselves with eachother, sleep consumed them.

8:45 a.m.

the alarm was loud and unnecessary. bri groaned into her pillow, reaching over only to be met by an empty bed.
"bucky?" the fear of not knowing where he was woke her up like a shot of espresso. she jerked up and found a note by the alarm.

'i went to the gym down by lobby, i set the alarm for you in case i wasn't back in time. meet downstairs for breakfast?
i love you doll,
buck<3'

sighing in relief bri decided to get dressed and head downstairs. elevator doors opening and revealing a sweaty bucky in the lobby.

"good morning, i see you got my note?" disregarding the fact her was drenched, bucky embraced bri in a tight hug with a quick kiss to the temple.
"i did and lucky for you i'm starving." getting up her tippy toes to properly kiss. the couple made their way to the complementary breakfast counter.

3:57 p.m

they are both standing outside the chapel, bucky has yet to let go of brielle's hand since they got in the taxi.
"what if we leave afterwards and not stay for dinner?" brielle suggests after a few.
"i- uh yeah we should do that." buckys face is like stone, no emotion except the tears pooling.

finding their seats, bucky insisted on sitting near the back.

8 months later

the relationship between brielle and bucky had fallen into a comforting lull of love and peace. each knew everything there was to know about the other. and there is something big bucky is planning; a proposal and a getaway wedding.

nearing dinner time at the compound everyone was already in the kitchen snacking and picking at the food brielle had just finished making.

"all right guys stop it! if you keep eating it now we won't have anything left by the time i set the table." bri crossed her arms like a suburban mom.
"no worries doll, table is already set." she knew who it was without even turning around, no one else called her doll.
"then let's eat!" tony grabbed a bottle of wine and made his way to the head of the table, of course.
once seated bucky grabbed his glass and tapped his knife against the side of it.

"before we eat, i'd like to make a small proposal... brielle, you make me want to defeat the impossible, because miracles have to exist in the same world as you. you are my miracle, my saving grace. and because of that." he gets down on one knee, "i'm asking you to please continue this blessing of your love and marry me?"

"james- of course i'll marry you!"

authors note: i'm so sorry for the delay in this book. however, it's done. the writers block is bad lately and i can't seem to keep up with the storyline i had set for this. i'll write and epilogue eventually. i'm sorry for the holes in the plot line and the inconsistency but this is my first book so give me a break.
don't forget to comment and vote
xoxo