Discovering Themselves

For the last few minutes, the girl sat there freaking out about their attack on the fox. Eventually, they stopped with the tears and softly whimpered.

?: I...I think I'm good...

They looked at the fur pile.

?: Whatever the hell I am now, I guess it's necessary to eat like that

They stood up and accepted what happened as best they could. If you can't adapt, you die, simple as that.

?: Ok, I can eat raw meat and bones easily...they were surprisingly delicious too. I have insanely sharp claws and some good strength...

The looked around and saw a boulder twice the size of them.

?: Hmm...

They walked over and pushed it.

It easily slid over the earth, tearing a new gash in it as it went.

...

?: Not good strength, immense strength

Looking around, they noticed the pond once more.

?: I should get a look at myself this time, and not freak the fuck out

She made her way to the pond and looked back in. Her skin was a warm caramel color, and her pink hair went past her hips. Her purple eyes felt like looking into glitter. Her long fangs were pearly white, without a single chipping or cavity in sight. The armor covering her was both menacing and beautiful at the same time, perfectly covering her body. She could feel under the armor that she was skinny yet still fit, with faint muscle showing on the exposed parts of her armor. Her armored skirt moved to expose...THICC thighs, and she wasn't flat, but not too large either.

?: I'm...beautiful...

?: I can't believe how gorgeous I am!...Damnit narcissism!

She only then remembered something important.

?: What the hell am I gonna do about my name?

...

?:*sigh* Guess I'll have to think of something then

She felt a little hungry again, but she didn't lose control instantly. Deciding to quell her hunger, she looked around, spotting a fish that just sprang out of the water.

?: Hmm...I think I can use my claws to spear fish

She tried to take off her armored boots, only to fall on her ass when they didn't even budge.

?: What the hell is holding these things?!

She slammed her hand down on the greave, cracking it.

?: MOTHERFUCKER!!

The greave started bleeding as she held her leg close to her body.

?: Did that just hurt me?! It's armor!...Unless...

When the pain subsided, she tested her theory. She tapped on the greave's cracked spot, hissing from the sudden pain that came with it. She repeated the same with her breastplate, she felt the touch through the armor.

?:...

She realized what was happening.

?: THIS ARMOR IS MY SKIN?!

She stared wide eyed at the crack in her boot,  which was healing surprisingly quickly.

?: Another thing, I heal very quickly

The boot healed completely, so she stood up and tested by tapping the ground a few times, no pain.

?: That is certainly useful

She managed to grab the fish, devouring it entirely this time, with nothing remaining.

?: Well then, what should I do?

...

?: First thing, leave this cave

She looked up to the opening in the ceiling, getting an idea.

?: If I have a lot of strength...maybe...

She backed up a few paces, before sprinting much faster than a human should, and leaping high off the ground.

?: WOOHOO!!

The hole in the ceiling was easily 41 meters off the ground, but she was rapidly approaching it.

?:...Oh no...

She was losing height and was on a crash course with the wall.

?: SHIT!

She put her hands forward and watched as her claws sunk effortlessly into the rock, sliding down a little before she stopped, leaving large claw marks.

?:...

She shook her head and just continued climbing, eventually making it to the hole.

?: Woah...

What welcomed her was a beautiful forest that stretched as far as she could see...which was incredibly far.

?: Insane eyesight too

She jumped down from the top of the cave breach, landing perfectly fine.

?: Alright, new life, new me...I need a name

...

?: Not Sophie...Johanna doesn't sound right...

...

?: Oh! Kerubi! It rolls great, it's perfect!

The girl, now named Kerubi, decided to try to find any hope of civilization. Maybe they can help her?
——

Kerubi: Jesus, this mountain is massive

The first thing she decided to do it circle the mountain. Just in case there was either a road or possibly a pathway to a city.

After traveling for a while, with the sunset softly illuminating her way. She found a road, as well as a cave entrance.

Kerubi: So this is the entrance, would have been good to know

With that, she started her journey down the road, with the shining star to her back.
—————

Several hours have passed since she started her walk, and she wasn't tired in the slightest, she also found she had good vision in the dark.

Kerubi: Do I also have increased stamina?

She pondered on it, then brushed it aside and decided to test it. She got into a running stance, before blasting off from that spot.

Kerubi: Holy hell! I'm faster than a cheetah!

She continued running at this pace for what felt like hours, but was really half of one. From all her running she finally saw her destination.

Kerubi: A city! Yes!

She slowed down, running at only slightly above average speed, while lightly huffing.

Kerubi: I have incredible stamina, and can keep going for miles on end. Also, my senses in general have sharpened, so that's nice

She was getting close to the city, from where she was, she clearly saw the gate that led inside.

...

Kerubi: Gate?

She took a closer look, noticing the door guards, they were wearing medieval knight armor, carrying large spears.

She was shocked for only a second, before grabbing her head and resting it in her hands.

Kerubi: I considered it, but I wished that it wasn't true...I'm in a fantasy world