Sailor's Staunch

"So where's the first big roadblock in the way to the Jungle?"

"Let's see..." Áine put a finger to her chin, floating up to look further. "First, we head South towards the Ocean. After crossing the Ocean there, we travel through a Desert, and then we'll make it!"

"And the last time you made that trip was?"

"Several thousand years ago!"

...

Kerubi sighed, snatching her up and putting her back on her shoulder. "Then I'm fully expecting some things off beyond just water and sand..."

"It'll be fun then! We won't know what's coming!" Weaver skipped ahead and zipped around the environment at literal lightning speed, the child side of her still in full swing.

The other two companions with her continued on with different faces, both aimed at someone else. Tragedemia was staring at Astraea rather uneasily, while Astraea was staring at the back of Kerubi's head with contempt.

Kerubi chuckled, looking over her shoulder and smiling. "You know you're glaring hard enough to send a magic pulse right?"

"Tsk! That's intentional to make sure you're not too weak!"

"Sure, save face that way."

Even after reconciliation, Astraea was still always being competitive and brash with Kerubi, no doubt because of the incredibly rocky path they had in the past. Although, with how weak Astraea was right now, every tantrum and "challenge" she tried throwing at Kerubi only served to show her as shy yet bold.

'What was that term again...I swear someone said it before...ah yes, Tsundere.'

"Were you thinking something rude of me?!"

"All in your imagination." She waved her off, continuing on while the Star God silently fumed behind her.

"So..." She turned her head to look at the group's Daemon. "When we get to the Jungle, what then?"

"Well we, or if you're all too uncomfortable, just I, will meet with this King that called us. Whatever he did to figure us out was clearly impressive in his power or reach, maybe both. If there's anyone we could speak to for assistance or anything of the like, it's him."

"It's a bad idea, I'm telling you!" Áine flew up, going ahead of the three. "This guy's been making waves in the World, and he's building a massive army, with God killers in there too!"

"You think he's planning something?"

"Oh I know he's planning something, and I'm sure it's Global Supremacy! Only issue is...when is he going to strike?"

...

"Hmm..." Kerubi put a claw to her chin. "Maybe that's why he called us. I did just kill two Gods."

"Oh, so you at least know how to do that at least."

"Astraea, shut up."

The Star God stuck her tongue out at her, which Tragedemia quickly set a small fire to, making her scream out in pain and shock. Kerubi chuckled at the sight, the Star God first trying to slap Tragedemia, before turning her sights to Kerubi and punching the hell out of her back to no effect.

A bolt of lightning crashed down, Weaver popping up out of it. "There's a small Port town ahead!"

"Good job Weaver."

"Umu~!"

Kerubi clapped her hands, quickly wrangling in the small group. "Alright, you heard the little one. We got a town ahead, so be on best behavior."