Higher on the Food Chain

Kerubi: I don't smell anything suspicious, we should be clear to go

She led the group as she did earlier that day, with the knights formed around the Queen and her personal guard, which was Robert's squad. Kerubi and Weaver walked in front, with Kerubi using her extreme sense of smell to find anything suspicious and Weaver zipping around as fast as lightning itself to spot anything out of order.

It was safe to say that anyone who dared get close was sensed by either of them, but the thankfully good part was that they only found animals.

Kerubi: So how long until we get to this country?

Tarti sat on the front seat of the carriage, so she could survey and also communicate much easier with the knights.

Tarti: Roughly ten days if we keep going at this speed. It would usually take longer, but we can afford to be looser thanks to you and Weaver keeping watch

Kerubi: Understood your Majesty

They continued onwards, as Kerubi kept point with her keen sense of smell, and sent her daughter to see what each instance of suspicion was. This continued on for quite a while, but when Kerubi's hand went up, all movement stopped instantly.

Kerubi: I smell something sharp...Weaver, go check it out

The girl nodded and vanished, coming back not a second later with a grim look in her eyes.

Weaver: It's blood, there's blood out there mom

Kerubi: Did you see what it could belong too?

Weaver: No, but a trail went off into the trees. Mom, I smelled a human there

...

Kerubi: Your Majesty, what are your orders?

Tarti: Weaver, any chance you can go ahead and spot whatever is creating that trail of blood?

Weaver looked to her mothers who nodded her head in agreement. She blasted off in another bolt of lightning, and came back roughly two seconds later.

Weaver: Big and green, it looked stupid but had a big club and a person in it's hand

Robert: Oh boy, sounds like an Ogre. Kerubi, y'ever run into one?

Kerubi: No, what exactly is it?

Robert: Big and ugly, but they have the strength of ten men, and the appetite to go along with it

Kerubi: Okay, and what about their habits?

Robert: They usually live alone, but can group up into pairs that we can only assume is for mating. Past that nothin' else is really known

Kerubi: Okay...that sounds like a good enough amount of info to work with. Weaver, ready to go hunt down an Ogre or two?

Weaver: Yeah!

Kerubi: Alright. Everyone, continue onwards down the road, we shouldn't be long

Tarti: Very well. You heard her men, let's get going!

Kerubi and Weaver both did their lightning step and appeared where the blood trail started, where Weaver originally went to spot. She let her daughter take the front as she led them both through the trees and bushes as the blood trail grew thinner and thinner, most likely from blood loss.

Kerubi: Have you sharpened your sense of smell yet?

Weaver: No, I can't smell as good as mom can

Kerubi: Alright, I'll take the lead then

She stuck her nose up high and sniffed out the sharp scent of Iron, slowly closing in on their target, or rather targets if there is more than one Ogre.