A New Adventure...and Foe?

"Mmh..."

"Hey! She's waking up!"

Kerubi's head was killing her, almost like she was crushed under a mountain with the horrible headache she has. Her eyes slowly opened, and she immediately covered them from the light of the sun.

"Close the window, she's light sensitive by the looks of it."

The voices still sounded very distant, but once the light was covered away, she began recovering much quicker without the source of irritation. Slowly, she sat up from the bed she was on, her eyes focusing on her surroundings.

"Áine? Tarti?"

Sure enough, those two were in the room with her, Tarti up next to the closed window while Áine was floating above her. They both had smiles on their faces, and Áine flew in and hugged her cheek.

"Thank goodness you're finally awake!"

"Finally?"

Tarti sat down on the chair next to the bed, getting her attention. "You've been unconscious for three days after the battle. Everyone has been resettled into the city, and you're being hailed as a hero."

"...Heh, another city sees me as a hero huh?" She smiled, the sharp teeth in her grin making both smile alongside her.

She looked down to her body, pulling her hand up to her face and looking at the glowing pink trails being left behind as she moved it. "What the hell..."

"To be honest, we have zero clue what happened to you. You devoured Solstice and Equinox, then you roared like a rampaging monster, and passed out."

Kerubi groaned and rubbed her eyes, but the strange thing she realized was that when she pulled her hand away, she could swear she saw some sort of blue light. She brought her hand close to her eye again, seeing the glow once more.

"What's with this glow?" She looked to the others, and Áine immediately flew up to her face with a mirror.

"It's your eyes! Ever since you ate those two, they've been a really deep blue. Plus, they also glow."

As she looked in the mirror, she marked how different her eyes were now compared to before. Where they once looked completely normal other than being purple, they now were entirely blue, save her her slit pupils, which were the only things a different color in her eyes.

After Áine put the mirror down, she looked back to her claws, gently moving them through the air as faint pink trails were left behind. "Eating Gods really caused this all to happen?"

"It seems it did Kerubi, and don't forget you also have a new pair of horns." Kerubi looked over to Tarti, hearing that before quickly bringing her hands up to her head, feeling the small pair that barely poked out from under her hair.

She sighed. "This is going to take some getting use too..."

"Sorry to burst your self reflection Kerubi, but as soon as you wake up, I was told to give this to you." Tarti stood from the chair, grabbing a letter from the table side and passing it over to her.

With that, Tarti excused herself, Áine sitting down on top of Kerubi's head, as usual, and laying back to rest. Kerubi turned the letter around in her hand, trying to find the sender of the thing...and finding no name, only a recipient, herself.

With a little bit of caution, she cut open the letter with her claw, and pulled out the message inside...

To the Warrior Kerubi

Your exploits have not gone unnoticed in the Divine world. The death of two Gods, especially ones residing over a region, is no small matter that others can overlook after all.