To Kill a God

Boss 1 Otherworld - Godly Presence Theme
—————

Inside the building, the rumbling of shockwaves echoed out from the battle outside, where Robert and his group were being escorted, at the behest of Áine, out of the secret entrance/exit through the sewer system. Even down that deep, loose bits of gravel fell from the ceiling when these shakes occurred, and it only made them more worried at what was happening.

They were told that the mages stationed in the barracks already alerted those in the city to the battle between their Gods and Kerubi, and evacuations have been set in place. They can only pray that they make it out before any damage is done to the city.

"Is that the exit?" Marcus was ahead and pointing at the off centered sewer grate, and when one of the guards nodded, he rushed forward and kicked it full force, sending it flying off it's rusted hinges.

"Let's go! We don't know if these walls will collapse or not!"

The men and women funneled out of the entrance, now on the North-North Eastern part of the outskirts near the city. They can see intense flames going out from everywhere past the building they were once in.

SLAM!!

Some screamed, but then they saw Tarti Wiscon herself slammed into a hole that formed from her impact. Robert and the others almost went to her aid before Kerubi appeared, with her hand held high.

Her claws struck down on her, and Tarti's blade glowed in a bright golden light before meeting it halfway. A loud clang of metal came from the block, but she did keep her claws at bay.

Kerubi snarled before screaming out as a blue magical projectile slammed into her back. She grabbed the blade still locked with her claws, and turned to throw Tarti towards the building, where they saw their Queen Almerox staring down at her.

"Kerubi! What on Earth is going on?!"

"Robert! Get everyone out of her NOW!!" She turned to look at them, and they gasped at her four eyes, and far longer and more menacing horns.

Robert knew to trust her instincts here, besides, Tarti couldn't lay a hand on Kerubi before, and now she can clash with her? Plus the Queen of Leipni?

"Everyone...leave it to her. Kerubi can sort this out and save the two Queens!"

Áine flew out from the tunnels, carrying along the last person, an injured man, in her tiny grip. "Good! Everyone's out! Let's get going and leave-KERUBI?!"

"Hey."

She said nothing more before jumping up to the building, a roar of power loosing from her jaws before vanishing over the side and continuing the battle. With nothing more to be said, Áine let them go wherever they were going to, and she teleported to the city to assist the evacuation efforts.
—————

She slid back from the force behind the magic blast, but held strong and still snarled at the two Gods inhabiting human bodies. "I am going to rip you from those two..."

Equinox was scratched up lightly, but held strong with Tarti's blade held high. "You can try, but you will fail."

"We'll see."

She rushed straight towards Equinox, face tanking a crystal burst of magic from Solstice before clashing with Equinox's sword. He was the fighter of the two Gods, keeping opponents away from Solstice, who would send powerful blasts of magic to the enemy whenever they were distracted by Equinox.

It's clever, but now she needed to charge another attack, and in the meantime, Equinox was still locked in a struggle with Kerubi, his flames doing nothing to her due to the nature of her fire. Speaking of it, her mouth slowly opened and glowed purple, Equinox only noticing when the flames were starting to lick out of her mouth.