Fourteen

I sucked in a breath at the sight before me. Everything was so...vivid.

"Oh my god," I breathed, looking at the grass. "Wait, is this green? What the hell?"

Clay laughed and lead me to the flowers, pointing them all out, with their colours. We spent some time in the field, me wandering around in awe at the new colours.

Even after all the flowers, I sat down into the grass, observing it. "Wow, green is so much nicer than I thought."

That reminded me. I looked over at Clay, and grabbed his face, looking at his eyes.

His breath cut off, and he looked confused. I stared at his eyes, then smiled.

"Your eyes are really pretty. I think green might be my new favourite colour."

He laughed and pulled away, and I think I might've even seen him blushing a bit. Wow, me making Clay blush. I never thought I'd see the day.

"The best part is yet to come," Clay told me, as he checked his watch. "But for now, we should head back."

I took them off, and handed them back to him, being thrown back into my normal vision. I got in his car, and we drove back.

He'd said "the best part is yet to come." I wondered what he had planned.

••••••••••

We ran back into class, panting as we sat down into the desks. Not half a minute later, the teacher came in, to see us sitting there like nothing happened.

"You guys are free to go," he said. Clay grinned at me, as if saying "I told you so."

He led me out, back into his car. The fall air was growing colder, and I reckoned the sun would be going down soon.

Clay didn't tell me where we were going, but I noticed the buildings growing scarcer. Eventually, we arrived at a small beach, overlooking the ocean and the horizon.

My eyes widened, and I turned to him. "The sunset?"

He smiled, nodding. He opened the back of his car, revealing some blankets and a bag of chips, along with some cans of Coke.

"Wow, you're prepared," I giggled, propping myself up into the back and grabbing a blanket, wrapping it around myself.

Clay handed me the glasses, and I put them on. The sun was just starting to turn the sky orange.

We munched on chips and soda, and chatted about nothing in particular. Clay made me look either down or to the side the whole time, so that there would be a big reveal once the sunset was at it's peak.

At one point he wrapped his arm around my shoulders, and my stomach fluttered. I thought back to Bad's words, about him liking me.

Suddenly, his hands came over my eyes. "Okay, it's pretty much perfect now. Turn to face the water."

I did as he said, and took a deep breath.

"Ready? One, two..."