iv. narrative & social media

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐
CO-STARS
FOUR
L. PARTRIDGE
└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

NARRATIVE

Penelope quickly shoved her phone facing upwards, not wanting him to see her in her visibly messy state.

It was dead silent for a moment, neither of them saying a thing. Before Penelope slowly moved her head into frame and at the exact same time Louis moved into view as well.

They both burst into a fit of laughter at the awkward moment.

"Hii!" Penelope covered her face with her hand to hide her embarrassment.

"Hello!" Louis waved, and brushed his hand through his hair.

Penelope noticed the light peering out or the window behind Louis. "Wait a minute, what time is it for you? It looks so light out."

"What time is it for you?" Louis retorted.

"I asked first!"

Louis seemed to prop his phone up on a table. "It's about eleven in the morning, what about you?"

Penelope checked the time in the top corner. "Holy shit, it's three a.m. already-" She mumbled.

"Do I even want to know why you're up at three a.m. making ramen?" Louis laughed. Penelope grabbed the bowl off of her side table and held it up in the camera.

"Because why not? Who doesn't make ramen at three a.m.?" She twirled the noodles around on her fork.

"Any sane person who is actually sleeping at three a.m.?"

"You Brits are so judgmental for literally no reason!" Penelope rolled her eyes.

"And you Americans have poor taste in midnight snacks.'" Louis quipped back.

Penelope placed her bowl to the side again. "Oh shut up, you eat beans on toast, british boy." She remarked with sass.

Louis looked amused at this. "British boy? Very original." He leaned back in his chair.

"I guess I should come up with a nickname for you as well?"

"My friends call me Nelly?" Penelope shrugged.

"Whatever you say, darling."

Penelope found herself liking him calling her 'darling' way too much. She was altogether enjoying being on the phone with him.

"Actually, by your reaction it seems 'darling' is much more fitting!" Louis taunted her with a grin.

"Do you always flirt on the first call?" Penelope rested her chin on her hand.

Louis looked as if he were thinking for a moment."Only if I think you're cool." He replied smoothly.

There was another pause after that. "So where do you think we're staying during filming? I think our first table read is in like three weeks" Penelope quickly changed the subject.