xxiii. narrative & messages

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐
CO-STARS
TWENTY-THREE
L. PARTRIDGE
└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

The ride back home was spent in complete and total silence. Only the sound of Penelope's phone buzzing with text messages from Louis.

She called Lily in a state of distress, begging her sister to come and pick them up. Lily of course rushed downtown in her Mercedes expecting Penelope to be severely injured.

Lily kept throwing glances at Jules in the back seat through the rear view mirror to check on her blonde companion.

Once they pulled into the drive way —without word —Penelope went straight to her room. The door softly shut behind her.

Jules, left in the foyer, looked to Lily who appeared just as clueless. She reluctantly went upstairs and approached Penelope's bedroom door. Jules leaned into the door, hearing the sound of Penelope's muffled sniffles.

She turned the knob and opened the door, causing the other girl to whip her head around towards the door.

Penelope quickly wiped her eyes dry. Although it was still clear she'd been crying by the wet tear streaks running down her makeup.

Jules sat down on the edge of the bed next to her. Penelope instantly rested her head against Jules' shoulder.

          "Tonight sucked." Penelope blubbered. Her cheeks were red and blotchy, and eyes stung with tears.

          "Yeah." Jules mumbled in response.

          "Boys suck."

          "Uh-huh."

          It was another moment of silence before Penelope was quietly sniffling again. Jules nuzzled her cheek on top of her head.

Her cries only grew louder once she tried to talk again. "I feel so stupid." She choked on another sob.

"You're not stupid, okay? He is." Jules shushed her softly. "And I'm going to beat his ass." Her tone darkened.

Penelope tried to wipe away the tears but they just kept coming. "Okay." She squeaked.

Jules sighed. "It's going to be okay."

"Thanks J, I love you." Penelope scooted a little closer to her.

Her arms wrapped tighter around Penelope's frame. "I love you too, P."

Jules' POV

[ IMESSAGE GROUPCHAT ]
" lather me in butter 💅🧈 "

juuls 💟
Louis you're in trouble.

jay b 🧸
oooooo you in trouubbbleeeee