xxii. narrative

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐
CO-STARS
TWENTY-TWO
L. PARTRIDGE
└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

The premiere after was held in the dining hall next to the theater. Colorful decorations and bright metallic balloons covered the basic design of the hall entirely. There was a live DJ blasting music as the entire cast and crew got together for the celebration of their hard work.

Penelope and Louis walked hand in hand into the party. Jules and Lizzie accompanied their respective friend at their side. The four of them found a table to sit down together.

"This is fun! I've never been to one of these." Jules exclaimed excitedly.

Lizzie was slightly bopping to the music, although everyone noticed she had grown oddly quiet.

Louis slid into his seat next to Penelope, "Where do you think Hailee is? I didn't see her come out of the theater." He was slightly shouting over the music.

"I don't know." Penelope shrugged. "We'll see her around somewhere."

The teens sat and talked amongst themselves for a while after they were settled in. Louis had finally gotten a peep out of Lizzie again. Jules and Penelope took a bunch of pictures, then huddling over the phone to pick out the 'post-worthy' ones.

Penelope felt Louis lightly nudge her leg underneath the table. She looked up at him with light eyes and a warm smile. Every time he looked at her, he felt himself fall into this daze.

She pecked a short but sweet kiss on her boyfriend's lips and intertwined their fingers. It surprised her how comfortable she felt with Louis after such a short period of time. Now Penelope was able to do things like shamelessly display small signs of affection.

Even acknowledging Louis as her boyfriend was still new territory.

          "I'm bored." Lizzie huffed after a while.

          Jules and Penelope shared an amused look. "What do you propose we do then, Liz?" Jules offered.

          Lizzie's eyes roamed around the room to find something for the four of them to do, when they landed on a photo booth. A mischievous grin spread across her lips.

          "Come on, let's go do the photo booth!" She ripped by his arm Louis away from Penelope's grasp. He slightly tripped at the quick movement and stumbled beside her.

          A sense of vexation bubbled within Penelope's core. Lizzie was honestly testing her luck with the blonde. She looked at Jules to follow her as they followed after Louis and Liz.

          The brunette suggested that they take group pictures and then ones with just the, in her own words, 'dates they came with'.

Penelope occupied herself in conversation with Jules while Lizzie got her photos with 'just louis'. No matter how hard she tried though, she couldn't seem to tear her eyes away from the two.

She took a small sip from her cup of water and angrily slammed it back down on the table. "I hate her." Penelope seethed.