xxvii. narrative

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐
CO-STARS
TWENTY-SEVEN
L. PARTRIDGE
└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

The private jet landed in London on an early Sunday morning. Sunday to Sunday was all Penelope had to had to deal with her mother for. Then they'd go back to whatever dysfunctional relationship they had before.

Penelope stepped out of the jet and stretched her limbs. The flight wasn't as bad as the one to Atlanta. Plus she got to fly next to her two favorite people. Lily stepped out the aircraft next while their dad thanked the pilot.

"We probably should have brought a thicker coat." Lily shivered, she was wearing a black button down coat that was more for looks than it was actually effectiveness.

"Not as bad as the weather in New York during winter." Penelope replied seemingly fine.

About a minute later, Johnny stepped out of the jet. "Alright, we can get our luggage now. And the driver should be here soon to pick us up so we can meet your mother at the airport." He gave Penelope a glance before helping with the bags.

A driver picked them up shortly after. It was a silent car ride to the airport, Hearthrow was only about 20 minutes away, so it was a quick drive. Penelope could see her mom standing at the arrivals gate with her bags sat beside her.

Their car slowly pulled up to the curb and parked. Johnny got out first along with the driver to help with bags. Penelope stayed behind for a few seconds.

Lily grabbed her hand on seat and squeezed. "You okay?" She asked in a soft voice.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm good." Penelope nodded reassuringly and exited the car.

She made immediate eye contact with her mom. Penelope couldn't help but run over and hug her tightly. Despite their constant differences, she still loved her mom more than words could describe. And she missed being able to feel her mother's arms around her.

"Mmmph! You got so big Nelle." Amelia hummed.

"I missed you mom." Penelope rested her chin on her shoulder.

"I missed you too bean." She squeezed Penelope tighter before they broke their embrace. "Woah! Look at you, Lily. You used to be this tall." Amelia raised her hand to her hip to demonstrate.

"Nice to see you too Amelia." Lily gave her a short hug.

After all the bags were in the trunk, everyone hopped back into the car. They were going to be staying at a hotel that wasn't too far from Louis' house. And tonight they were going to meet up with the Partridges for dinner.

It was amazing how fast they all could just click again. Not too long ago they were just arguing and hated each other's guts. Now they were all together laughing and talking like nothing at all had changed. It wasn't so bad.

They reserved two Deluxe Suites at their hotel. Each suite had two bedrooms, a kitchenette, and two bathrooms. Penelope would be sharing with her mom and Lily was sharing with their dad.