xxxiv. narrative, social media & messages

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐
CO-STARS
THIRTY-FOUR
L. PARTRIDGE
└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

Penelope propped her phone up on her vanity. She was on FaceTime with Louis, while she did her makeup for the day. He was on the other end in his room.

"I think I'm going out with Jules and Jay later, I dunno I have to see if we still are," Penelope said as she applied concealer underneath her eyes.

"It's freezing outside though." Louis looked at her with a concerned look.

Penelope laughed, "You forget I live in Cali? It's like sweater weather during our 'winter' season."

(pls don't attack me idk what the weather is like in california, i live on the east coast 💀)

"Oh right," Louis sat up in his bed. "Well have fun then." He smiled as he watched Penelope finish her makeup.

"I don't know what it is about today?" Penelope sighed. "I'm just in a really good mood, I don't know why?"

"Maybe because you're going out later?"

"Nah, it's almost like- I don't know. I just had a really bad feeling all day yesterday, but now it's gone." Penelope shrugged. "I thought maybe it was nerves from hanging out with Emily again for the first time in like 2 years."

"Oh yeah how was that?" Louis queried.

"Fun actually!" Penelope beamed. "We watched Vampire Diaries like old times, it was a little awkward at first."

"I'm happy if you're happy, as always."

"Me too, honestly I was so worried that everyone would be right about her backstabbing me."

"Maybe she just realized how much of an awesome cool cute girlboss you are," Louis added sarcastically.

"Did you just call me a 'awesome cool cute girlboss'?" Penelope looked at him on the FaceTime, he nodded proud. "You have spent wayyy too much time talking to my friends."

"I feel like we haven't FaceTime'd in so long..."

"That's because you came here for a movie shoot, and my birthday, and the premiere, and you stayed for a few days after the premiere, and I just went to visit you." Penelope huffed. "So we haven't really had reason to!" She grinned.

"Oh right-" Louis paused. "I guess I have been traveling a lot in this past year."

Penelope began to touch up her hair in the mirror a bit. She took it down from it's updo and brush it out. After a moment she paused in the mirror.

"What?" Louis noticed her stop suddenly.

"That made me think, how did all of this even start?" Penelope titled her head. "I mean- us meeting, the movie, everything."