xxi. narrative

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐
CO-STARS
TWENTY-ONE
L. PARTRIDGE
└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

Penelope touched up her mascara for what felt like the millionth time, before she was finally satisfied. Jules sat, legs-crossed, in one of the tall chairs inside of Penelope's makeup artists' studio.

She was allowed to bring along one plus one to the movie premiere. Who better to bring along than her best friend in the entire world?

"Come onnn, Penelope." Jules complained. "The limo's been waiting for 15 minutes." She hopped down from her seat.

Penelope tossed the mascara into a messy pile of makeup on the counter. "Alright, I'm done okay?"

Jules squealed in excitement and grabbed her best friend's hand. She dragged Penelope outside to the Limo; In which they'd be transported to the premiere location.

"Why are you not more excited right now? I'm practically bouncing off the walls." Jules gazed at the Limo's expensive interior.

Penelope adjusted her dress underneath her as she sat down. "I've been to hundreds of these." She explained and Jules nodded.

The car ride was actually pretty fun. Jules took some pictures of Penelope in her seat. And the driver was nice enough to let them request songs.

They pulled up to the venue after a short ride. The sound of shouting and cheers alerting them that it was in fact the right spot, just as they were finishing up screaming Taylor Swift at the top of their lungs.

"Holy shit... that is a lot of people." Jules cursed under her breath.

Penelope braced herself for the chaos they were about to face when they stepped out of the car. Their driver came around to their side of the car to escort them to the front of the building.

A long carpet separated a pathway toward the tall glass doors of the theater. Crowds of reporters herded around the perimeter of the building, shouting orders to Jules and Penelope.

'Miss. Depp! Look over here please.'

'Jules! Jules! On your right.'

'Beautiful. If you girls could just turn to your other left.'

They finally escaped the chaos of the outside as the event director quickly shoved them into the building.

"Crew needs you on the carpet in five! It's almost your turn for photos." The director instructed hastily.

Penelope was split from Jules and pushed towards the opposite direction. "I'll come find you after!" She shouted to the brunette.

Jules waved her off with a bright smile. "Love you! Smile," She continued waving until Penelope was no longer in sight.

Another escort brought Penelope to the other side of the building where the press would take their photos.

"You're here!" Hailee squealed, giving Penelope a squeeze from behind.