Vol. 1 Ch. 3 Ice Queen

Your POV

I went towards the source of the explosion and saw a girl in a white outfit that appeared to be now covered in soot, though it quickly disappeared. She was looking at Ruby angrily as she yelled, "Unbelievable! This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about!" Ruby got embarrassed and apologized, saying, "I'm really, really sorry!" The girl in white looked at Ruby with a look of disgust and said, "Ugh, you complete dolt! What are you even doing here? Aren't you a little young to be attending Beacon?" Ruby replied, "Well, I-..." The girl in white interrupted, "This isn't your ordinary combat school. It's not just sparring and practice, you know! We're here to fight monsters, so... watch where you're going!" Ruby gets finally fed up and said, "Hey I said I was sorry, princess!" Then I heard a girl's voice say, "It's heiress, actually." Ruby and the girl in white looked over as a girl in a black outfit approached with the bottle in her hand. Then the girl said, "Weiss Schnee, heiress to the Schnee Dust Company, one of the largest producers of energy propellant in the world." Weiss smiled smugly and said, "Finally! Some recognition!" The girl continued and said, "The same company infamous for its controversial labor forces and questionable business partners." Weiss got angry again as Ruby and I chuckled. Then Weiss said, "Wha-How dare─ The nerve of... Ugh!" She got up in the girl's face and took the bottle from her, walking off in a huff as her helpers gathered the luggage and followed her. Ruby turns to Weiss, who was storming off, and said, "I promise I'll make this up to you!" She sighed and said, "I guess I'm not the only one having a rough first day... So, what's..." She sees the girl in black walking off as well. Ruby then collapses to the ground onto her back and says, "Welcome to Beacon." I went over to her, held out my hand, and said, "Hey... sis." Ruby takes your hand and stood up looking at me. "Thanks, Bro." I nodded. Ruby turned to the blonde boy from earlier and said, "Aren't you the guy that threw up on the ship?"

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Qrow dancing)

Beacon inside the walls are filled with scenic trees, arching architecture, and a winding road alongside a river, down which Ruby, Jaune, and I were walking. Jaune defended himself by saying, "All I'm saying is that motion sickness is a much more common problem than people let on!" Ruby was laughing as she said, "Look, I'm sorry! Vomit Boy was the first thing that came to mind." Jaune responded, "Oh, yeah? What if I called you Crater Face?" I laughed as Ruby replied defensively, "Hey, that explosion was an accident!" Then Jaune introduced himself again, saying, "Well, the name's Jaune Arc! Short, sweet, rolls off the tongue, ladies love it!" Ruby and I were both skeptic as we both said in unison, "Do they?" Jaune tried to defend himself by saying, "They will! Well, I hope they will. My mom always says that... Never mind." Ruby giggled before a short, awkward silence falls. Then she said, "So... I got this thing!" She pulls out her weapon and stabs it into the ground. Jaune looked at it in shock and said, "Whoa! Is that a scythe?" Ruby got even more excited and said, "It's also a customizable high-impact sniper rifle!" Jaune looked confused and said, "A-wha...?" As Ruby cocks it, smiling, I said to him, "It's also a gun, Jaune." Jaune responded, "Oh. That's cool!" Ruby looked at us and asked, "So what've you both got?" I replied and said, "Ruby, you've seen Cosmos before but I'll still show it off to Jaune." Then I smirked as I took Cosmos from my holster on my back, and explained its capabilities and convert it to each of its modes. I put Cosmos back in my holster as Ruby asks Jaune what his weapon is. Jaune replied as he unsheathes a blade, "Oh!I uh...I got this sword!" Ruby looked at it in awe, "Ooooohh!" Jaune continued, "Yeah, and I've got a shield, too!" He gets his scabbard, raises his arm and expands the metal into his defense. Ruby touches the shield and said, "So, what do they do?" Jaune starts fumbling with the shield as it retracts off his arm, expands, and retracts again before putting it back in place and finally shrinking it down for good, placing it on his belt, then he continued, "The shield gets smaller, so when I get tired of carrying it, can just...put it away." Ruby asked, "But wouldn't it weigh the same?" Jaune answered dejectedly, "Yeah, it does..."

Ruby started giggling and said, "Well, I'm kind of a dork when it comes to weapons, soo.. I guess I did go a little overboard when designing it." I nodded and said, "I may have as well." Jaune stood there in shock and said, "Wait─you guys made those?!" Ruby answered, "Of course! All students at Signal forge their own weapons! Didn't you make yours?" Jaune responded, "It's a hand-me-down, My great-great-grandfather used it to fight in the war." Ruby replied, "Sounds more like a family heirloom to me!" She laughed and said, "Well, I like it! Not many people have an appreciation for the classics these days." Jaune sheathed his sword and said, "Yeah, the classics." Ruby started moving on again. She looked at Jaune and I and said, "So why'd you help me out back there? In the courtyard?" I smiled and said, "Because you're my little sister." Then Jaune added, "My mom always says, Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet." Ruby looked around and said, "Hmm... Hey, where are we going?" Jaune replied, "Oh, I don't know! I was following you two. Y-You think there might be a directory? Maybe a food court? Some kind of recognizable landmark? Is, uh.. Is that a 'no'?" Ruby started laughing again and said, "That's a no."

Eventually Ruby, Jaune, and I entered into the Beacon Academy's giant auditorium, which was filled to the brim with people. I looked over when I heard my cousin's voice call out. I saw Yang calling out to Ruby and I as she said, "Y/N! Ruby! Over here! I saved you a spot!" Ruby turned to Jaune and said, "Oh! Hey, I-I gotta go! I'll see you after the ceremony!" Then she followed me over to Yang. Once Ruby and I got to where Yang was, she turned to Ruby and said, "How's your first day going, little sister?" Ruby replied, "You mean since you ditched me and I exploded?" Yang responded, "Yikes! Meltdown already?" I replied, "No, she literally exploded a hole in front of the school! And there was some fire, and I think some ice...?" Yang smiled broadly and said, "Are you two being sarcastic?" Ruby scoffed and said, "I wish! I tripped over some crabby girl's luggage, and then she yelled at me, and then I sneezed, and then I exploded, and then she yelled at me again, and I felt really, really bad, and I just wanted her to stop yelling at me!"

Weiss yelled, "You!" Ruby quickly jumped into my arms, saying, "Oh, God, it's happening again!" Weiss yelled, "You're lucky we weren't blown off the side of the cliff!" Yang replied, "Oh my God, you really exploded." Ruby said, "It was an accident. It was an accident!" Weiss then holds up a pamphlet titled "DUST for dummies and other Inadequate Individuals" to Ruby, who asks, "What's this?" Weiss starts listing off policies to a clueless and horrified Ruby, going faster and higher pitched with each word, "The Schnee Dust Company is not responsible for any injuries or damages sustained while operating a Schnee Dust Company product, Although not mandatory, the Schnee Family highly encourages their customers to read and familiarize themselves with this easy to follow guide to Dust applications and practices in the field." Weiss then said, "You really wanna start making things up to me?" Ruby answered, "Absolutely?" Weiss handed the pamphlet to Ruby and said, "Read this, and don't ever speak to me again." Yang stepped in and said, "Look, uh, it sounds like you two just got off on the wrong foot. Why don't you start over and try to be friends, okay?" Ruby put the pamphlet away and said, "Yeah! Great idea, sis!" Ruby held out her hand as she cleared her throat before saying, "Hello, Weiss! I'm Ruby! Wanna hang out? We can go shopping for school supplies!"

Weiss got seemingly enthusiastic as she said, "Yeah! And we can paint our nails and try on clothes and talk about cute boys, like tall, blond, and scraggly." Ruby got excited and said, "Wow, really?!" Weiss leaves dead silence under her glare, then she said, "No." Then our attention was drawn to the stage, where Professor Ozpin was readying the microphone with Goodwitch beside him. Then he says, "I'll keep this brief. You have traveled here today in search of knowledge, to hone your craft and acquire new skills, and when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of the people. But I look amongst you, and all I see is wasted energy, in need of purpose, direction." I heard some of the students whisper among themselves, but Ozpin continued and said, "You assume knowledge will free you of this, but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can only carry you so far. It is up to you to take the first step." As Ozpin leaves, Goodwitch stepped up to talk and said, "You will gather in the ballroom tonight; tomorrow, your initiation begins. Be ready. You are dismissed." Yang then said, "He seemed kind of... off." I nodded and said, "Yeah, you're right."

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.