Vol. 2 Ch. 16 Mountain Glenn

Your POV

"Ahh wonderful, a textbook camp fire," Oobleck said, dashing into the room as Ruby and I followed up behind him. "Fire!" Ruby yelled as she jogged up to it and knelt down by it. "Soo warm," she said as she warmed her self up. Then Oobleck said, "Very good! Eat your dinner and hurry to bed. We have a lot of ground to cover tomorrow and I need you to take turns watching over our temporary abode. So any volunteers for first watch?" Ruby raised her hand and said, "Yo." She started walking over to the vantage point before I stopped her and said, "I don't think so, Rubes. I'll take the first shift." She nodded and headed towards the others, while I went to the vantage point. Yang got Ruby's attention, by saying, "Hey. Did Oobleck ask you why you wanted to be a huntress, I mean what did you tell him?" "Hmm, No, he didn't. Weird, oh well, good night guys," Ruby replied, walking the rest of the way to her bag. The rest of us finished eating and went to bed, thinking about what Oobleck asked us that day. All of the girls, besides Ruby that is, tried to sleep for hours, but to no avail. Eventually, Yang came over to me to take over watch. I headed back towards my sleeping bag, but stopped when my eye caught a glimpse of Ruby rushing towards the building's exit.

I turned and followed her. When I caught up with her, I spotted Zwei urinating on some ruins. I sighed as Ruby said, "Zwei, this is a wasteland! You literally could have done that anywhere!" He barks in reply and then Ruby and I heard someone say, "What was that?" We quickly hide behind some of the ruins and peaked out to see 2 White Fang members. Then one says, "What was what?" The other one replied, "I thought I heard a Beowolf or something." The first one then said, "Hmph. Let's just finish our patrol and get back to base. This place gives me the creeps." Before Ruby could do anything else, I spoke up quietly and said, "It's a good thing I followed you." She jumped and said in a whispered tone, "Y/N! Sorry, Zwei just woke me up and ran off." I rolled my eyes and said, "I understand. But next time, maybe let someone know." She nodded and we sneak around while we followed the White Fang members. They eventually reached a ruined building with a pair of metal doors, and we hid behind a corner, with me holding Zwei out to watch them. I whispered to Zwei, "Did they go in yet? One bark means yes." The sound of the door closing echoed out, then Zwei barked once. Then Ruby said, "Oh! This is it! This is it!" She pulled out her scroll and tried to call her teammates. However, the screen says Low Signal. Then she said, "Aw man! Come on, we gotta get the others!"

Ruby, Zwei, and I hurried off down the street. However, the asphalt beneath Ruby and Zwei suddenly sinks before caving in. I quickly pulled out Cosmos, converted it into a scythe, and stabbed it into the ground as an anchor. Then I grabbed Ruby's hand and caught her, as she catches Zwei. She tossed him up out of the hole to me and I start to attempt to pull her up. However, the ground around Cosmos shifted and Ruby's hand slipped out of my grasp, and she plummeted into the hole. I groaned to myself in anger, then I turned to Zwei and said, "Zwei, go get the others, I'll use my semblance to go after Ruby. Now go!" He barked twice in response and ran off in the direction of the others. I tranformed Cosmos back into its sniper form, placed it on my back, amd grabbed Crescent Rose. I shifted it into its scythe form and stabbed it into the ground for the others to find. I took a deep breath and muttered to myself, "Here goes nothing." I activated my semblance, allowing me to burst into a trail of light blue feathers as I sped into the hole after my sister. When I reached the bottom, I spotted Ruby being cornered by two White Fang guards. Both guards approach her, and one of them grabs her arm. Ruby jerked her arm out of the guard's hand and started punching him, as she said, "Hey! Hands off!" It had very little effect, and he punched her in the face hard enough to knock her down. The guard then said, "The boss is gonna want to see this one..." Then he kicked her in the head hard enough to knock her out. I growled quietly and said to myself, "Oh, you're gonna regret that." I quietly and stealthily followed after them, using all of the tricks that Dad had taught me to keep myself being seen. When Ruby had regained her consciousness, I moved around slightly but not enough to catch the attention of any of the White Fang members. But it was just enough to catch Ruby's attention so she knew that I was nearby.

Yang's POV

Zwei led us to a hole in the ground, and I spotted Crescent Rose sticking in the ground next to the hole. As I ran over to it, I said, "Ruby's scythe!" Blake responded, "Oh no." Weiss asked, "Do you think she fell?" Oobleck looked up and said, "Fell?" Weiss replied, "Down there." Oobleck looked down at the hole and said, "Oh my. Of course! Of course, OF COURSE, OF COURSE!" Confused, Blake said, "What is it?" The doctor replied, "How could I be so stupid?!" I looked at him and asked, "Dr. Oobleck, what's wrong?" Oobleck replied, "Mountain Glenn! Yes, an expansion of Vale that was inevitably destroyed by creatures of Grimm! Previously home to thousands of people! Working people commuting to the city, the main city! Developed a subway system to the inner city! Grimm attacks increased! Population in danger, now desperately searching for shelter! City evacuates into the metro tunnels and what do they find? The southeast quadrant of Vale is known for wild forests and deep caves!" I asked, "Doc, what are you saying?" Oobleck replied, "My dear, we're not just looking for an underground crime network, we're looking for an UNDERGROUND crime network!" Blake responded, "They've been working in caves?" Oobleck answered, "No, no, Mountain Glenn was Vale's first serious attempt at expansion. It worked for a short period of time, thanks to an aggressive perimeter defense, and unique transportation; the city developed an elaborate subway system to carry citizens safely from the new territory into the main Kingdom! Sadly, without the many natural barriers Vale had to protect its borders, Mountain Glenn was doomed from the start! As the end drew near, the citizens of the territory made one last attempt at survival: They took up shelter beneath the city! In massive caves that they had cleared out for the subway. And they had cut themselves off from the surface!" I asked, "An underground village?" He replied, "In a matter of speaking, yes. A safe haven. Until... an explosion opened the mouth of another cavern, filled with subterranean Grimm. After that, the Kingdom officially sealed off the tunnels, creating the world's largest tomb. If Ruby is down there, we must find her..." Then I noticed a few light blue feathers trailing into the hole and said, "Light blue feathers! That's part of Y/N's semblance! He must've gone in after her to save her!"

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.