Vol. 3 Ch. 22 A Dusty Old Crow

Your POV

As everyone started to leave Amity Arena after Team SSSN's match, Pyrrha said, "Hey, Feathers, I've been thinking about something and I finally came to a decision." I raised an eyebrow and said, "And what's that?" She took a deep breath and said, "After the Tournament and the school year is over, would you want to spend the summer together? My mom wants to meet you. But we don't have to spend the whole summer in Mistral with my mom. So would you like to do that?" I smirked as I kissed her forehead and said, "I'd love to. Maybe I could even introduce you to my dad, whenever I see him again that is. He's almost always off doing missions, but that's just him." She nodded and we both headed to the cafeteria for dinner. Then we went back to my dorm together.

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Qrow dancing)

3rd Person POV

The game announced, "SOARING NINJA WINS! TOTAL ANNIHILATION!" Qrow grinned at his victory as Ruby lowered her head in shame. Then Yang whispered, "Ouch." Qrow said, "And by the way, don't ever call me old." Yang pushed Ruby out of her spot as she grabs the spinning controller from the air, and said, "My turn!" While the game begins again with "NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES!" Qrow said, "Now, where was I?" Ruby answered excitedly, "You were telling us about your last mission!" Qrow said, "Right, right... I'd come across a small village in the swamps west of Mistral. Right off the bat, I knew something wasn't right." Ruby asked him, "What were you doing there?" He answered, "I needed information. Tired from battling Grimm along the way, I decided to start my search at the town's inn. The place was crawling with lowlifes and thugs, even a few Huntsmen that I could only assume had been hired by less-than reputable people for less-than respectable jobs. And that's when it happened." Yang asked, "What happened?" Qrow replied, "I was defeated... by the mere sight... of the innkeeper's skirt length!" The game announcer calling out once more, "SOARING NINJA WINS! TOTAL ANNIHILATION!" Then Yang said, "You are the worst!" As Qrow and Ruby laughed at Yang's anger, Qrow said, "Best two out of three?" As she sat herself on Weiss' bed, Ruby said, "So, Uncle Qrow, did you get in trouble with Ozpin?" Waving the question off, Qrow answered, "Nah, me and Oz go way back. We're cool." Yang scoffed and said, "Cool for an old guy." Qrow replied, "Not funny." Ruby said, "So, what are you doing here anyway? I thought Dad said that you would be on a mission, for like... ever. And Y/N said the same thing." Getting back into the game at the sound of "READY? FIGHT!", Qrow answered, "Well, a professional Huntsman like myself is expected to get results, as soon as possible."

Ruby replied, "Yeeeeaaaah, I get that. We're pretty much pros, too." Qrow said, "Oh, really?" Yang answered, "Psch, yeah! Read the news sometime. We totally saved Vale while you were gone." Qrow replied, "Funny, because I heard Vale suffered a Grimm attack after you almost managed to stop a train." He leaned over to rub it in his niece's face as she scowled at the repeated "SOARING NINJA WINS! TOTAL ANNIHILATION!", then he added, "But they don't give out medals for almost." Ruby responded resolutely, "They do, and it's called silver!" Then Yang said, "Well, we helped take down Roman Torchwick! He's locked up in Ironwood's ship and crime's been down ever since! That's basically a bounty mission!" Qrow replied, "Sure, you may be acting like Huntresses, but you're not thinking like one. You really think four girls and their friends could end all crime in a Kingdom?" Tapping her fingers together in embarrassment, Ruby said, "I mean, I did until you said that..." Sounding more serious now, Qrow said, "Violence hasn't dropped since Roman got nabbed; it's stopped, completely. No White Fang activity anywhere around the city. You cut off the head of the King Taijitu, but now the second head's calling the shots. That's what Ironwood can't get through that thick metal head of his." Exchanging a look with Ruby, Yamg said, "You... know the General?" Going back to his usual joking demeanor, Qrow said, "Hey, I know everybody to some extent. Remember, you're talking to a member of the coolest team that graduated Beacon!" He reached behind him into one of his pockets and pulled out a photo lined with stains and age of Team STRQ - as Yang's eyes widened, he sighed in remembrance and continued, "Hah, Team STRQ... That's where I met your parents. We were pretty well known back in the day." Ruby commented, "Well known for crummy fashion sense!" Qrow replied, "Hey, we looked good! And I have a number of inappropriate stories to back that up!" He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, but noticed Yang continuing to stare at the picture and put it away before he said, "But, I'll save those for when you're older." Ruby recoiled in disgust and said, "Oh, gross!" Getting up and walking out, Qrow said, "Anyways, I'm too old to be hanging out with a bunch of kids. You're gonna cramp my style. Besides, I want to check on my son." He paused in the doorway and sighed before addressing his family, "Look, just remember that you've still got a long way to go... And don't think for a second that graduating means you're done. Every day out there is worth a week in this place. You two, you're gonna go far. But only if you keep learning; if you never stop moving forward." With these immortal words of wisdom, Qrow exited down the hall and headed for his son's dorm.

Your POV

Pyrrha and I were in my dorm having a somewhat heated makeout session. When we stopped for air, I said, "I'm so glad that I'm dating you, Pyrr." She kissed my cheek and said, "Me too, Feathers. I love you." I kissed the underside of her jaw and said, "I love you too." We both stared into each other's eyes, enjoying our wonderful moment together. After about a minute or two, Pyrrha cuddled herself back up against me. She rested her head on my shoulder and we went back to watching the TV. After a few minutes, I heard a knock on the door. I got up, walked over to the door, and said, "Who is it?" I smirked and I heard a familiar voice reply, "It's me, kiddo." I opened the door to reveal my dad and I said, "Dad? What're you doing here?" He smirked and said, "What? I can't check on my son?" I smiled and said, "I thought you said that you'd be on your mission for a little while longer." He shrugged and said, "Well, I finished early." I nodded and said, "Well, that's good. And there's someone here that I'd like to introduce you to." I let him into the room and said, "Dad, I'd like you to meet my girlfriend, Pyrrha Nikos. Pyrrha, this is my dad, Qrow Branwen."

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.