Vol. 3 Ch. 25 Beacon Falls

Your POV

I watched as Penny, who seemed to be knocked out, suddenly stood back up, and attacked Pyrrha. Penny's attack sent Pyrrha flying back, dropping her weapons in the process. On the floor, my girlfriend used her polarity to grab her gear, but her weapons were caught by Penny mid flight. Penny stood over Pyrrha and aimed her swords directly at her. I noticed that as Pyrrha kept slowly stepping back, she did it unsteadily. It seemed as if something was severely overwhelming her. Panicking, Pyrrha spread out her arms as she used her semblance and sent out a magnetized shockwave. Each blade was sent reeling back to Penny, who somehow affected by the attack as she clutched her chest in pain. Pyrrha and I only had a brief moment to understand what was happening before Penny's arms were spread wide as she gasped, the strings attached to her own weapons curling around her left arm and midsection, which are crumpled by the force with the ease of an aluminum can. Everyone watched in horror as the wires cut through Penny's body. When it was done, Penny lay on the arena floor into multiple pieces, everyone seeing that she was a robot. Pyrrha just looked in horror at what she'd just done, she then dropped to the floor.

For a moment there was silence, then the screens in the arena started to suddenly broadcast something. The broadcast started showing footage of Ozpin and Ironwood, while blaming them for misusing their power, and the incidents in this tournament, along with the Grimm attack in Vale. I heard a siren go off as all of the screens began flashing orange, displaying the word "CAUTION" on it. Then an automated warning announcer said, "Alert. Incoming Grimm attack. Threat level: 9 Please seek shelter in a calm and orderly manner." As the crowds began to flee, wild and screaming, through the exit tunnels, one single thought went through my mind, I can only think of one person who would be behind this. Salem. I was brought back to reality as Ironwood said from the announcers' box, "Ladies and gentlemen, please. There is no need for panic." With that said, a Giant Nevermore appeared on top of the arena's domed force field, giving a series of deafening screeches as it clawed and pecked at the defense with its beak.

3rd Person POV

The Nevermore screeched as it continued to weaken the force field that kept it from getting in. The warning announcer said, "Warning: Safety Barriers Failing." As civilians ran past her in a panic, Ruby stayed kneeling on the ground with her head down, her expression in a mixture of shock and sadness. As the Nevermore circled around the colosseum, Pyrrha struggled to stand as she looked in shock at the torn apart Penny. From the stands, Y/N yelled, "PYRRHA!! Pyrrha, that thing's going to break in! You've gotta move!" Jaune, Ren, Nora, and Y/N looked up and saw the force field flash as the Nevermore rose back up before diving back in. Wasting no time, the young Branwen jumped from the stands into the arena. Nora said, "Y/N!" He ignored Nora's shout as he ran towards Pyrrha and yelled, "Pyrrha, please snap out of it!"

Suddenly, the Nevermore completely broke through the holographic barrier, and the force of it landing on the arena floor knocked back Y/N, Pyrrha, and the pieces of Penny. The Nevermore screeched and lunged towards Pyrrha. Suddenly, the Nevermore is knocked back by a red, twirling blur of roses, with the cause of the blur gripping one of Penny's swords and stabbing into the Nevermore, before jumping back down in front of Pyrrha, who said, "Ruby?" With an angered, determined expression on her face, Ruby pointed Penny's sword toward the Nevermore and said, "Leave her alone!" The Nevermore rose up and circled around the arena before lunging back down as Ruby held Penny's sword defensively. Suddenly, the Nevermore got pinned down by a barrage of rocket lockers, and screeched out in pain before going unconscious. The lockers then opened up, revealing the weapons of various students, including Crocea Mors, StormFlower, Magnhild, and Cosmos. Y/N pulled Cosmos out from his locker as he converted it into its scythe form, and was shown alongside Scarlet gripping his cutlass and flintlock pistol, Sage with his sword, and Neptune with his gun in hand. Sun held his weapons, Ruyi Bang and Jingu Bang in its staff form, Ren and Nora were carrying their respective weapons, and the remaining members of Team CFVY, the members of Team ABRN, as well as Flynt and Neon of Team FNKI, all gripping their respective weapons. The students were then suddenly shook when the Nevermore started to get back up. Ren then leapt up into the air and used the blades of his weapons to slash at the Nevermore's eye. Arslan used her rope dart to swing down and grab the towering Yatsuhashi from the ground carrying him upward. Sage also leapt up into the air, and Nora ran up to the Nevermore's head and hit it with Magnhild in its hammer form. When Arslan reached peak height, she let go of Yatsuhashi, who was then joined by Sage, as the two broadsword wielders slashed down and decapitated the Nevermore. Causing it's head to land near Ruby before dissipating into black particles, while the students formed a perimeter. As Arslan landed back on the ground next to her teammates, Ruby looked over to the teary-eyed Pyrrha.

Your POV

Kneeling on the ground, Pyrrha said, "Ruby, I..." She stopped and held a piece of Penny's torn cloth in her hands as her eyes continued to swell up. Pyrrha said, "I'm so sorry." Ruby replied forlornly, "Me too. But it wasn't your fault." I spoke up and said, "She's right." I walked over to Pyrrha with Miló and Akoúo̱ in my hands and said, "Whoever was on that microphone... they're the ones that did this. And we have to make sure they don't take anyone else." Pyrrha stood back up and took her weapons back from me, the two of us exchanging determined expressions. We then looked over to Ruby, who smiled at the impressive ensemble of students. The moment was cut short when we noticed hippogriff-like Grimm land on top of the colosseum. They flew towards our group of students as Ren called the Grimm species out by their formal name and said, "Griffons." Neptune spoke up and asked, "Anybody got a plan of attack?" I frowned and said, "I have a plan. Attack."  Ruby then said, "Sun! I need your Scroll!" Sun used his tail to flick his Scroll to Ruby, who caught and used it to summon her locker, which opened up revealing Crescent Rose inside. However, Ruby is stopped when a Griffon lands on her locker, and roars at her before being scared away at the sound of a gunshot. I turned and saw both Port and Oobleck standing there, with their respective weapons in hand. Port spoke up and said, "Students! I think it would be best for you to leave." Ruby replied, "But we did a─"

Oobleck cut her off and said, "Miss Rose! This day will surely go down in Remnant's history. I'd prefer it if my students could live to tell about it." Ruby nodded at the Doctor's words before grabbing Crescent Rose, twirling it into it's scythe form, and said, "Let's go!" As all of us leave the arena, Ruby got distracted by the flash of Velvet's camera. The other students and I exited the arena entrance and gathered together in front of Ironwood. Then Ruby said, "What's going on!?" He answered, "Grimm are crawling all over the city. The White Fang's invaded Beacon, and to make matters worse, some... vagabond has seized one of my ships. Until we regain command, the skies are out of our control. So I'm─" He was interrupted by a sneak attack from a Creep, which was swiftly dealt with from a bullet to its head. Then he continued, "─going to take it back." As Ironwood turned for his ship, he stopped when Jaune asked, "What should we do?" Ironwood turned, faced us, and said, "You have two choices. Defend your Kingdom and your school... or save yourselves. No one will fault you if you leave." Ironwood then proceeded to climb up on the dropship in front of him, as he addressed the crowd, "Let's move out!" As Ironwood left, the other students looked at each other and murmur before a certain monkey Faunus spoke up, and said, "I mean... come on!" Then I said, "We can take a ship to Beacon!" Then we all run to the nearest airship and hope on board. We watched in horror as we saw dropship fall from the sky. Ruby decided to run to the bay doors of the Air Bus. Sun looked and said, "Ruby! What are you doing!?" I grabbed her wrist and said, "Before you go, promise me one thing, sis. Be careful and make our mom proud." She nodded as I let go of her wrist and she jumped off the Air Bus as it barely takes off, using her Semblance of speed to safely land on the runway after freefalling in the sky.

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Y/N smacking a Chibi Grimm on the nose with a newspaper)

3rd Person POV

As the Grimm charged forward, the members of Team SSSN, Team JNPR, and Y/N got in a lineup as they prepared to battle the incoming wave of enemies, with Pyrrha and Y/N exchanging a smile with each other as she adopted a pose similar to his. Before they could go forward, they both noticed Ozpin standing by the entrance of the tower, while Team SSSN ran off to continue fighting. The two of them then walked towards the headmaster without saying a word to Pyrrha's teammates, much to their confusion. Nora asked, "Where are they going?" Jaune replied, "I'll go find out. You two stay here and keep fighting."

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.