Vol. 1 Ch. 7 Jaunedice Part 2

Your POV

When the lesson ended, Pyrrha, Nora, Ren, and I came out of the classroom, only for Pyrrha to stop near the doorway and say, "You go on ahead. I'll wait for Jaune." I nodded and said, "Me too." Jaune came out first, and Cardin emerged behind him, pushing him to the ground and emitting an "Ow!" that made the bully laugh before walking away. Pulling Jaune back on his feet, Pyrrha said, "You know, I really will break his legs." I nodded and added, "And I'll help." Jaune sighed, and Pyrrha suddenly looked like she was struck by inspiration. She said, "I have an idea! Here, come with me!" She grabbed a confused Jaune by the arm and dragged him along as she turned down the corridor. I shrugged my shoulders and followed them. We arrived at a rooftop of one of the buildings, with a clear view of the glowing green orbs in the central tower of Beacon. Looking dejected, Jaune said, "Pyrrha, Y/N, I know I'm going through a hard time right now, but I'm not that depressed." He looked over the edge of the roof, to the confusion of Pyrrha and added, "I can always be a farmer or something..." The realization hitting her with horror, Pyrrha said, "N-n-no!" She dashed to push Jaune away from the edge and added, "That's not why I brought you up here!" I stood next to Pyrrha and said, "Jaune, Pyrrha and I know you're having a difficult time in class and that you're still not the strongest of fighters, so... we want to help you!" Caught off guard, Jaune said, "Wh-what?" Pyrrha replied, "We can train up here after class where no one can bother us!" Jaune asked, "You think I need help?" Pyrrha replied, "N-no! No, that's not what I meant."

Jaune said, "But you just said it." Pyrrha answered, "Jaune, everybody needs a little push from time to time. It doesn't make you any different from the rest of us. You made it to Beacon! That speaks volumes of what you're capable of!" Turning away from us, lowering his head and voice, Jaune said, "You're wrong. I-I don't belong here." Pyrrha responded, "That's a terrible thing to say! Of course you do!" Turning back around, now angry, he said, "No, I don't!" He sighed as Pyrrha and I looked bewildered and he revealed the truth, saying, "I wasn't really accepted into Beacon..." He turned his back to us so he doesn't have to face us. I spoke up and asked, "What do you mean?" He confessed, "I mean I didn't go to combat school, I didn't pass any tests. I didn't earn my spot at this Academy!" He looked at us again and said, "I lied! I got my hands on some fake transcripts, and I lied!" Pyrrha replied, "What? But... why?" Jaune answered, "'Cause this is always what I've wanted to be! My father, my grandfather, and his father before him were all warriors! They were all heroes! I wanted to be one, too. I was just never good enough." Approaching him, Pyrrha and I both placed a hand on his shoulder, and Pyrrha said, "Then let us help you!" Suddenly turning on us with mad frustration, Jaune said, "I don't want help! I don't want to be the damsel in distress! I want to be the hero!" Pyrrha started, "Jaune, I─"

Jaune cut her off and said, "I'm tired of being the lovable idiot, stuck in the tree while his friends fight for their lives! Don't you understand? If I can't do this on my own... then what good am I?" Pyrrha attempted to reach out for his arm and console him, but he leaned back from her touch. Then Jaune said, "Just... leave me alone. Okay?" Head bowed, sad, Pyrrha replied, "If that's what you think is best..." Pyrrha and I left Jaune and went back inside. Pyrrha hugged me and I felt some tears through my shirt. I hugged her back and said, "It's okay, Pyrr." She sniffled and said, "At least, I still have you, Y/N." I smiled warmly and said, "I'll always be here for you. I promise." She looked at me and suddenly planted her lips onto mine. I was caught off guard for a second. But as I was about to melt into it, Pyrrha pulled away and said, "Oh my God. I shouldn't have done that, Y/N. I'm so sorry." Then she ran off before I could stop her. I placed my hand on my lips and thought to myself, Does she feel the same way about me? Or was that because of what just happened with Jaune? I went back to my dorm and laid down on my bed. Since the beginning of the school year, I had slowly developed feelings for her. But as much as I had wanted to, I still couldn't tell her how I felt about her. Especially since it appeared that she had feelings for Jaune, and I wanted her to be happy. My mind kept racing and I kept coming back to the kiss. Eventually, I finally fell asleep.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.