Vol. 3 Ch. 20 Round One

Your POV

After my sister's team won their first round, I found them on the fairgrounds and overheard Weiss say, "Consider it thanks for sending me to the doubles round." Her joy was ruined when the card was flung back at her, and the annoyed Shopkeep pointed to his register as it beeps the word "DECLINED" on it. Weiss looked shocked and said, "What?! How can my card be declined? I was barely into my monthly allowance!" Blake looks around panicked as she attempts to slowly slide her bowl closer to herself before the Shopkeep disappeared with her food, causing the poor girl to slump over in defeat and cry, "Nooo!!" I walked over and said, "Maybe I could help?" The girls looked over at me and Ruby flings her arms wide in delight as she said, "Bro!" Yang smiled and said, "Aw, you don't have to..." Blake said, "But he could!!!" I smirked and said, "Well, I think you all earned it after that battle." Then team JNPR walked over and Jaune said, "Mind if we join you?" I smiled and said, "Not at all."

Later on, the bowls are empty, and each of us is either content with our meal or holding our stomach sickly. Luckily for me, I was one of the former. I turned to Pyrrha and said, "Pyrr, are you sure it's wise to have eaten before a fight?" As the Shopkeep quickly gathered the bowls and vanished, Pyrrha replied, "Of course! It will give us energy!" Nora simply gives a hearty belch. Laying his head on the counter, Jaune said sickly, "If I barf, I'm blaming you." Grinning evilly, Nora said, "Ooh! Aim at the enemy!" Ren replied, "Nora, that's disgusting. But if you feel the urge..." Giving a weak thumbs-up, Jaune said, "Got it." Standing up from her stool, Pyrrha said, "Well, we should be off." I smiled and said, "So, you think you guys are ready?" Nora gestured to each of her teammates and said, "Of course! We've got a world-renowned fighter on our team, one's basically ninja, I can bench five of me, Jaune, we trained all year, our weapons are awesome, Glynda barely yells at us anymore, and uh... Jaune!" Ren looked at Jaune and said, "Are you gonna take that?" Jaune replied, "She's not wrong."

Nora said, "I'm kidding, he knows I'm kidding." Nora began talking quickly, the color slowly draining away as she gets more worried as she said, "Don't be so nervous! The worst that can happen is we lose, that is just a few more years of walking around school with everyone knowing we're failures, our friends will slowly abandon us to preserve their social status, we won't be able to show our faces in class, no one will sit with us in the cafeteria, Ren and I have no parents, we have no home left to go to, we'll be officially renamed Team Lose-iper!" Her mad laughter turns into sobs as she slammed her head on the counter. Completely unfazed by what Nora said, Ren said, "So, yeah, we're feeling pretty good." Pyrrha said, "Don't fret. If anything, we should be looking forward to a fight with actual guidelines, and not, well, murderers." Yang replied, "Yeah, don't sweat it, we've all faced way worse before." Blake counted off the threats on her fingers as she said, "Let's see. Grimm invasions, violent extremists, a destructive sociopath..." Then Ruby said, "And that's all while were still in training! Oh, imagine what it would be like to graduate!" Sarcastically mumbling to herself, Weiss said, "Maybe then I'll be able to pay for a meal." Crackling in over the intercom system, we heard as Port said, "Would Team JNPR please report to the battlegrounds immediately!" Oobleck then added, "Yes! Like they were scheduled to, several minutes ago!" Pyrrha responded, "Well, it looks like this is it." Ruby then said to Team JNPR as they walk away, Nora still depressed and Jaune looking queasy, "Go get 'em!"

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.