And How the Turn Tables.

HIM.

     I add yet another marking with the spare key to Ryker's house into the wall of his guest room right after waking up and staring at the ceiling with tired eyes. I also make a mental note that it only took me twenty-four minutes of finding the will to live to actually get out of the bed. But it isn't like I went far. I merely limped about a good thirty steps to get into the living room and drop my half-naked ass on the couch. Then, I leaped because the new leather couch was cold.

The second time, I take a deep sigh as I press my hot skin to the couch, absorbing the coolness, and taking it like a man. Another semi-successful start to my day. I grab the remote and turn on the tv, debating on clicking off of The Zoo, and watching something that wasn't so boring, but I let it play because what the hell? I wasn't going to watch it anyway.

     I allowed myself to struggle for the last time today as I got off of the couch to trudge into the kitchen. I wanted cereal. A sugary, bad for your health cereal that screamed empty calories. I smoothly slide the box of Lucky Charms off of the top of the refrigerator and unfold the torn box, unrolling the bag to free the opening. I pour a huge amount into the bowl before grabbing milk from inside of the refrigerator, pouring enough to watch my charms rise and float.

     A few seconds later, I was back on the couch, refreshed as I spooned my third mouthful of sugar with my bowl sitting on my chest. I kick my feet up on the arm of the couch, my body laid out over the length of it as I watched the animal show like a loser. I scoff at the information. "The male's feathers are naturally colorful and bright, meant to entice the female during the mating season. The male may even sing a song to catch her attention, especially if she's one he's fond of."

     "Guess I'm not fucking cute enough," I grunt, shoveling another big spoonful of sweet mallows in my mouth. Heavy footsteps catch my attention after a few more moments of lonely wallowing, and I gaze up at Ryker's naked form with a bored face.

"I understand you're in construction or whatever, but I'm not interested in calling you to do a reno for my fucking place. Stop damaging my property," he growls at me, his voice super rough and mean, as it always sounds in the morning, especially when he wakes up mad.

"Kinda hard to take you seriously when you have your junk swinging around in my face," I move my gaze back to the television that's informing me more about how the mating works between two birds once they figure out they want each other.

     "Stop. Marking. The walls," he seethes.

     "Put. On," I take another mouthful of cereal, thoroughly chewing and finishing the rest of the bowl. "Pants. And make yourself useful and put this up for me," I hold out the now empty glass bowl and black spoon. He grumbles, but walks over to me and snatches the items from me, heading into the kitchen. "Nice ass!"

     "I'll kill you!"  Oh, I'm so scared.

So that's basically how every morning for the last eight and a half weeks have been for me. I've decided to permanently crash at Ryker's house in Texas. Pretty convenient that I got a job here, right? I'm practically sitting on the cash I've been making, give or take a couple hundred dollars of paying for utilities he forced us to split right down the middle. He can be pretty strict, like a dad, but at the end of the day, he's also super giving, and our agreement is that I pay for half the house necessities, and he pays for the other half and food.

I couldn't ask for a better roommate.

In exchange, I fix what he needs fixed for free, so it works for us pretty well.

     Why am I like this? Funny that you should ask. I'm sure you already know what the hell happened between Raine and I, though I can't get over how fast our dynamic changed within that day. One moment, we were having the best time at the beach, completely demolishing strangers out in the hot sun, and the next, we were ripping each other's hearts out. Well, I guess it was mostly me doing the damage, huh?