I'm Coming.

HIM.

     People always tell you to chase your dreams, and I never really knew what that was like until this moment. With one hand on the steering wheel, the other holding a churro. The windows of my car were all down, and of course we were trying to get the rhythm of our hearts to match the drums in Led Zeppelin's Whole Lotta Love. The volume was on the brink of obnoxious, but this was another pivotal moment of my life.

     I never had to chase anything.

     My grades came easy. The math in engineering and architecture just made sense to me. The science behind physics and earth's nature weren't anything I had to study for hours and hours on end. I got my degree on time, not having to have an extra year like everyone else for architecture. Landed a job right after, and damn does it pay so much better than slumming it at the bar for hours, not that I don't miss it from time to time.

A main reason would be the girls, something else I never had to chase. Well, glancing at my GPS's destination, I never had to chase until I met her. A lot of girls are simple, pretty little things. Get a couple of tattoos, have a sharp tongue and quick mind and they'll just melt. Pair that up with good thrust game and they won't stop coming. Pun intended.

My dreams. Graduating. Getting a job. Moving out of my parents house. Having sex. Those weren't chasers. They weren't things I felt I had to work to, but damn getting a girlfriend? Finding someone I want to spend my life with? That, that was the kicker.

Carter. That girl can run me to the ground. A nine hour drive with Ryker and Hunter. An unofficial boys trip to Alabama with the mission to win Carter back. She's worth the chase. "What are you gonna do when you see her?" Hunter asks, leaning against the back of the front seats, his fingers brushing Ryker and I's shoulders because he had his forearms resting on the shoulder of the seats.

"Look at her," I say plainly, biting the churro that freaking crunches when your teeth do their job but melts once it hits your mouth. My first thoughts were to hug her, kiss her, touch her. She was the one to break us up, though, so maybe she wouldn't want my touch as soon as she sees my traitorous face. "Can't touch unless she wants me to."

"Oh she's gonna want you to, Sweetheart," Ryker smirks. I shake my head at him. Ryker confuses me sometimes because I never know when he's on my side or her side. One day, he's telling me not to have sex with her because it's wrong and objectifying, and the next day he's like yeah buddy, go for it.

"Okay okay," I look at Hunter's face in the rearview mirror, his eyes wide as an interesting topic hits him. "What's the first position you'd put her in when she lets you bang her?"

I sigh, turning my head to face the front again. "Could we not? I'm just trying to get her to say hi to me again." I turn down the music when Hunter yells in my ear that I'm no fun, making sure I heard it loud and clear. This is basically a clean slate between us. I can't come up to her house expecting her to spread her legs for me because we used to date and I still love her. I also don't want this talk to affect me and make me read signals that aren't there. I don't want to step in and have sex with her and then we're back to where we were in the first place.

I don't want to just be her boyfriend again. I want to date her. Learn more about her. Get all up in her, too, but get up in her to show my love for her. Marry her. Have kids with her. Grow old with her. Watch our kids grow older with her. It's kind of hard to focus on your approach when you have the thought of pussy lingering in the back of your mind.

There's a long silence of boredom, and with each passing mile, I couldn't help but ponder his question. After running different scenarios in my mind, I quietly answered, "Missionary." I finish my churro.