Another night, another dollar.

HIM.

     "...and I told him I wanted nothing to do with him, but he grabbed me by my bra straps from behind and I just fell for it like an idiot," she scoffs, throwing back another shot, triggering my eyebrow to raise at her drunken state. She's coming up on her last drink of the night and an escort home if she asks for another mini glass of tequila. She slams the glass down on the counter and crosses her arms in front of her on the wooden surface before dropping her head on her arms. Her fire red highlights bounce from the movement and twinkle under the low lit bar lights.

     Such a shame she can't resist her current fling, she's a looker. She groans, I'm not sure if it's from the negative side effects of alcohol kicking in, or because she's frustrated. Ryker pouts at the poor girl, though she's clueless of it since her face is buried within her arms. He then snorts and starts chuckling after fake pouting at her again.

"Could you stop?" I try not to grin at his antics.

     He shrugs, leaning back on the counter. We both turn to stare at my current customer. "She's complaining about getting dick, can you blame me for teasing?"

     She moves one of her arms from under her head and walks two fingers closer to Ryker's direction, never lifting her head up to see. She then flicks him her middle finger, allowing us a nice view of her long, red acrylic nail, sparkling with gold glitter. She then turns her head to look at me with one eye. Her makeup had smudged a bit in the corner of her eye. She was a mess. "Can I have another shot?"

     "Honey," I lean closer to her, resting my hand on her free one on the table. She drops her other hand, halting her flicking off of Ryker. "The only shot you're getting is a shot of water. Look," I glance around the crowd, making accidental eye contact with a few people before bringing my gaze back to her. "I see about six different guys with their eyes on you. Go find one, give them your number. Come back to me, let's sober you up, and then we'll find you a ride home."

If I wasn't seeing things, I'd say her eyes watered. "Are you this sweet to everyone?" I remove my hand from hers, instead resting both of mine against the edge of the counter.

    "Sometimes."

     I pour her a small glass of water and push it in front of her. She quickly swallows it down and pushes her hair behind her ear before shaking her head quickly, I guess getting the drunk symptoms out. "Okay. Here I go."

     She pushes away from the bar, hopping down from the chair and taking a few seconds to herself before walking away, on her journey to become a new woman. "I'm taking her home, aren't I?" Ryker asks me lowly.

     "Yessir." I grin.

"So what's new?" He snatches an order from the dispenser, looking at the paper before getting to work. He grabs a shaker and a glass and saunters away, giving me some time to think as he picks up his liquors and stuff.

     He comes back, with everything needed and starts mixing the drink. I give him a pointed look because the ice clanking the metal shaker was too loud for me to talk to him. He just shrugs and smiles. After putting the drink in it's proper, salt rimmed glass and placing a lime on the rim as well, he turns to me, and drops a cherry on top. "Go on."

     "So we had sex..." I trail off, thinking back to Carter and I the other day in the dorm room. My stomach tingles with warmth. I close my eyes, not liking this feeling.

     "Me and you?" He asks, his dumb ass pointing to himself with a stupid grin on his stupid face.

     "No, fucker," I shake my head, letting out a fake frustrated breath. "We had sex but it was different." And it's scaring the crap out of me.