Surprise.

HELLO WONDERFUL PEOPLE,

I was debating put this in this book, and then I just went ahead and decided to. So, firstly, I want to say that I will not be continuing Her Rey (Drake and Liliana's story) anytime soon. Those two give me severe writers block and I'm not sure if I'll ever get past it. I hope one day I can return to them, but for now they shall be paused.

A chapter closed, if you will.

Moving on.

I love writing, and my birthday is today, so I decided that I'll give a gift to you, and it is in the form of Ryker and Kennedy's story: May Our Stars Align.

I'm a little too excited about it. I figured you guys should be the first to know.

EXCERPT:

~Pre-prologue~

We were just kids when we fell in love. Or whatever the hell Ed Sheeran sang to us in that song that rips me up inside every time I hear it on the radio. For some odd reason, the lyrics resonate with me.

I'll get analytical with you for a second, and don't get used to this shit because I don't really like sharing my emotions. You see, there's this girl. And just like Sheeran said, she's beautiful and sweet. From the day that I first saw her, it's all I've ever seen her as. So beautiful, she made me forget my own name. And so sweet because even though I made a damn fool of myself, she gave me a do-over.

Cause we were just kids when we fell in love. Not knowing what it was. At all. I didn't understand that it was love when my mood sank to rock bottom when she left for college. I didn't understand that it was love when I compared other girls to her. When she became my best, and only friend other than Carson. Not even when I finally broke down and cried because I didn't know what the fuck was going on with my insides. When it hurt so bad that it hurt me physically. When the ache was real, deep in my chest, spreading through my veins with every pump of my heart.

I was so in love.

Fighting against all odds.

There was no way in fuck I'm supposed to end up with her. She's my best friend's sister. A twin. Not only do I have Carson breathing down my neck; I have her duplicate scarring me with those eyes that look just like her sister's except they glimmered with brown instead of silver. And I'm damaged. I'm so, so damaged. If you thought Carson had baggage, oh baby, I have a truckload. After watching my parent's marriage burn to hell, you'd think I'd have zero hope that I'd find a love of my own. But I did.

     I saw my future in her eyes.

     Those gorgeous, brown eyes of hers reminded me of the fall. How after the sun has beaten down on me day after day during the summertime, after all of the sweat I've had dripping down my back, my chest, my forehead, after the squinting and the headaches from dehydration and heat exhaustion. Peace. Calm. Crisp. Fall. The tree leaves fade from green, to yellow, and for me instead of them turning brown and crinkling, they changed into her eyes. You know how you walk through your neighborhood as a kid and see all the different colored leaves. A pretty one catches your eye, so you pick it up.

     Dark brown with fierce light brown, nearly golden streaks. And cute darker flecks randomly spotted within it. That's the leaf I found. Her captivating eyes made me feel like I could be happy. That I could find a love for me. And oh, baby, I did.

     And sheesh, she was perfect.

___

I love you all. And I once again thank you so much for sticking with me even when I disappear.

The first few chapters should be up now.

Again, it's May Our Stars Align.

Enjoy,
Your author.