chapter 26

Hey guys, so sorry about the delay...been heapppss busy

anyways, that's all im going to say..i'm going to just let you read :D thanks again

***

Unfortunately, Dan and Matt didn’t want this night to end. Instead of leaving like they should have, they both escorted me right to my front door. When I told them I was fine and all I needed was to sleep the night off, they both began to argue that we should ‘talk’ about this evening.

“I need to make sure they didn’t hurt you,” was Dan’s reasoning.

And “We need to talk about what you saw tonight!” was Matt’s.

Did either of them understand that all I wanted was to go to sleep and forget that this night ever happened? If they did, they sure as hell weren’t making it easy for me.

“Please open the door so we can talk,” Matt pleaded, his eyes filled with sorrow as he held my gaze intensely. I really didn’t want him to come in. Not after what I’d witnessed tonight; my boyfriend and his slag of an ex dry humping on the dance floor.  

I was the first to drop my gaze. I couldn’t handle looking into his raven eyes, the eyes that I absolutely adored. Instead, I unlocked the door. “Dan, if you go upstairs, the second door on the right is the bathroom. Wait up there for me so I can fix you up,” I said quietly as I analysed the extent of his wounds. There were small cuts and grazes all over his face, and there was blood everywhere. I knew that these small abrasions wouldn’t be the worst of his injuries though; he was going to bruise, badly.  

“Who gives a shit about the—” He stopped speaking when he saw the look on my face. I tried desperately to tell him with my eyes that I needed to talk with Matt, alone. He must have realised my intentions because he rolled his eyes. “So it’s the second door on the right?” he clarified. When I nodded, he went inside, closing the door behind him.

“So, you and Holly, huh?” I asked crossing my arms over my chest.

“Rain, I swear to God it’s not what you think…” he began defending himself but stoped when I narrowed my eyes at him.

“What am I supposed to think, Matt? You were practically making more babies on that filthy dance floor,” I spat angrily.

His shoulders stiffened at my words and his eyes turned a shade darker, if that was even possible. “You have no idea what you’re talking about.” He took a step back from me, obviously affected. It was a low blow, but he deserved it.

I’d be lying if I said him moving away didn’t hurt, but I could deal with it. “Well why don’t you enlighten me then?” I asked sarcastically, leaning back against the door.

I noticed his posture was rigid as I asked him to ‘enlighten’ me but his next words were filled with sorrow and maybe a hint of regret. “I know this might sound stupid but I was kind of pressured into dancing with her.”

I willed myself not to roll my eyes. Since when was a guy ‘pressured’ into dancing with an STD on legs? “That is the biggest bullshit excuse I have ever had the displeasure of hearing,” I replied after a short silence. “Now that we have talked…” I’m going to go and clean up Dan’s wounds.” I told him, turning around to open the door.

Except I didn’t get to; Matt grabbed my arm, stopping me. “Matt, what a—” my words ceased in my throat as Matt’s muscular body pressed forcefully against mine, followed by his lips. It was so sudden and completely caught me by surprise that I didn’t have time to push him off of me.