chapter 13

Thanks guys for all the support and comments and votes...im in the What's Hot list and i'm really excited!!

okay continue reading !!!

**

Okay, so yesterday, I didn’t get the chance to kill him. But I did succeed in dragging him to the shopping centre near my house to buy me a brand new book today. I smiled widely because now this was an excuse for Matt and I to be alone together.

“If I knew the book was going to be this expensive, I wouldn’t have held onto the book in the first place.” Matt teased as he handed me my new book. I gladly took it and placed it in my bag, excited to finish reading it when I got home.

“Please Matt. We all know that you needed an excuse to get me alone again.” I joked, causing Matt to smirk widely.

“I’m not the one who threatened to expose my” cough “collection of those sexy women to my parents.” He looked at me with a disbelief expression but then shook his head. “I think you wanted to get me alone.” He mused, smirking slightly whilst grabbing my shoulders and directing me down the escalators.

I blushed slightly, glad that I was in front of him so he couldn’t see me as we made our way down the escalator. “How hard did I hit your head?” I asked innocently, remembering how I hit him in the back of the head when he was making fun of my book.

“Hard enough to get me to buy you a new book.” He shuddered while I laughed aloud.

“Vampire Academy is worth it though. Anyway, where are we going?” I asked Matt who was leading me towards a cute dress store. I was a little confused as to why we were entering this store but one look from Matt told me that there was a reason as to why we were in here.

“I’m buying you a dress for tonight.” He looked at my confused face and smiled widely. “Did you forget about our father’s work party tonight?” He asked me with a smile that was increasing rapidly. I willed my heart to stop stammering in my chest but it didn’t work. So I opted to look at the light pink dress which was placed directly in front of me.

“I forgot that your dad worked in the same court room as mine. I didn’t see him when I was working there.” I told him as we began to walk around the store, looking for a dress that up until now, I had no idea I would be wearing for tonight.

“Yeah, he had to work in another court because there has been a lack of superior court judges or something.” I looked at him with a surprising look on my face which caused him to raise his right eyebrow at me. “Why are you looking at me like that?” He asked wearily.

“I just didn’t know that you payed much attention to your dad and his work.” I shrugged while I looked at a long black dress which had a low neckline.

“What makes you say that?” He asked again, but this time, he looked very curious as to what my answer would be.

I stopped looking at the dress and turned to face him. I had to lift my face up to meet his eyes, which always caused me to blush and look away. “I-I just always assumed that you and your father weren’t close because you’re a-always at my house.” I stuttered away.

When I turned to look at him again, I saw a light smirk making its way onto his face but it was his dark eyes that held sparks of amusement or interest which caused me to look away again. “What an interesting observation.” He finally muttered. I turned to look at him again but he looked away.

Before I had a chance to continue the conversation, a lady in her mid 20’s with light brown hair and dark brown eyes made her way towards us. Matt was still looking away but when the woman asked if we needed a hand, he finally turned around, staring at her with interest. I felt a pang of something within my chest, but heavily ignored it by listening to Matt mutter “We’re after a dress for a formal occasion.”