chapter 16

Hey guys, this is another chapter just b4 christmas

also, this has been edited by Kate Dimka --- check out her new story called "The Binding of Biota"

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERY1 :D

***

“Rain Marie Holden, if you do not tell me what’s been going on with you and Matt, I will resort to cutting your hair whilst you’re sleeping,” Lia threatened as we made ourselves comfortable on the green grass by the basketball courts.

“Lia, nothing’s going on between us,” I lied. Apparently, I was a bad liar. Either that or she knew me too well. I was hoping for the latter. “Okay I am a horrible liar. Forgive me?” I asked innocently.

“Of course you’re forgiven. Just tell me what’s going on because I can practically smell the sexual tension between you.” She pretended to gag and I chucked my chocolate wrapper at her. She successfully dodged it and laughed loudly.

“Okay, Lia. Stop laughing and I’ll tell you what happened on Saturday night,” I compromised, earning a satisfied look from my best friend.

“Okay tell me what happened,” she urged happily. So I told her everything. I began my story with how we had spoken at our fathers’ work party and how he had offered to drive me home. I skimmed past the whole kissing scene, though she had a vague idea of what went down in the car. I then gloated about how I felt when he didn’t say anything in the car. She rolled her eyes at that, muttering about how stupid males could be. I agreed for a while, until I told her that he was waiting in my room, while I was showering, just to kiss me.

“Are you fricken kidding me?” she asked excitedly. When I shook my head she squealed like a little girl and I had to laugh with her.

“Lia, promise me you won’t tell anyone? We don’t even know where we stand with each other. We’re just going to sneak around Joe’s back for a while. Who knows, it might not even work ou—”

“Rain, I promise I’m not going to say anything. Stop rambling,” she laughed as I took a long and deep breath, willing myself to calm down a little. “Anyway, the bells about to go, what do you have next?” she asked getting up to offer her hand to me. When she hauled me upright, I looked at my timetable and rolled my eyes.

“I have choir practice and then I finish. What about you?” I asked leading the way towards the quadrangle as the bell chimed signalling the end of lunch.

“I have double gym. Kill me?” she asked, looking a little hopeful. I laughed and shook my head, dampening her spirits more so. “Argh, I hate gym!”

“Oh, it’s not so bad,” I tried to assure her but the look she gave me was one of disbelief. “Lia, you’re going to be surrounded by sexy, muscular boys. Pheromones everywhere! Sound appealing?” I asked her animatedly.

She laughed and nodded her head. “Thanks for cheering me up. Catch ya later.” I watched her round the corner and then turned around and headed towards Room 45, the music room.

Before I entered, I heard a voice that blew my mind away. No joke! The tone of his voice was somewhere in the B range, sounding deep, alluring and sexy. And, I guessed it helped that he was singing ‘Just the way you are’ by Bruno Mars.

Inside, all the girls were huddled together, whispering and giggling as they tried to look sexy in front of the performer. Dan Cooper! I probably should have been surprised that a guy like him had such and angelic voice, but I wasn’t. When I had met him at the courts, I knew he had charm, but I wasn’t about to risk talking to him if he was bad news.